Cam Unlikely To Start Against Bucs In Season Opener

JabooAlwaysWins

Head coach Ron Rivera would only say Newton “did everything we asked,” but he wouldn’t reveal if Newton threw any passes after the media left

Whether he is playing or not........... why would Rivera give away the ONE advantage we have right now? Anderson and Cam are completely different qbs.. Right now the Bucs are gameplanning for BOTH Anderson AND Cam..

It would be beyond stupid to play your hand on a Thursday...and let the Bucs know which qb they will definitely be going up against.

Super Cam also said today that it doesn't hurt him to throw the ball..and is on his expected pace to play on Sunday.

So... I don't know what is just being put out there to screw with the Bucs, and what is legit information, at this point. We will see on Sunday.. I just can't see Cam missing a game because of a hairline fracture on his rib.

Super Cam also said today that it doesn't hurt him to throw the ball..and is on his expected pace to play on Sunday.

So... I don't know what is just being put out there to screw with the Bucs, and what is legit information, at this point. We will see on Sunday.. I just can't see Cam missing a game because of a hairline fracture on his rib.

Did you really just say this?? A hairline fracture is still a fracture.

CAM HAS A BROKEN RIB!!!!

I know you guys like to think he is Superman, but dang, temper your expectations a little. He gets popped in that same spot again you are looking at 3-4 weeks out, minimum.

Did you really just say this?? A hairline fracture is still a fracture.

CAM HAS A BROKEN RIB!!!!

I know you guys like to think he is Superman, but dang, temper your expectations a little. He gets popped in that same spot again you are looking at 3-4 weeks out, minimum.

Hairline fractures to the ribs can take months to fully heal, so yes... Cam will play through most of that pain, with a flak jacket on. Nothing to do with being Super Man. Cam will not be the first qb to play through fractured ribs...and he won't be the last.

Hope he can make it. I would definitely be cautious though. With him not being able to run like normal, with a cracked rib (or w/e) , and that questionable Oline I wouldn't want to risk him for one game, Yes, it's a division game, but nobody is going to convince me that game one is a must win for anybody, any time, anywhere. Still have 15 games to set things right.