Contenders Or Prentenders Or Chicken Tenders? Panthers And Bucs

Trouble

Lets be honest. Falcons and Saints have basically dominated the South for the last few years. They have the biggest rivalry in the South (from the west days and their history).

The Bucs have had the talent but cripple by dumb stuff like crappy coaching choices. Kinda the same with the Panthers. Falcons and Saints have been more stable at coach since smith came along (before that the Falcons where in the hampster wheel of coaches).

A few years we have seen enough talent from all 4 teams to give legit arguments as to why the South could easily be the most talented and tough division in the NFL. But it never turned out that way.

Bucs, Panthers and Falcons all have alot of new faces that play in key spots that make it hard to forecast how they will do over the course of the season.

But is the Bucs and Panthers ready to dethrone the Saints and Falcons from being the top 2 teams in the South?

Can the Saints survive the onslaught from these 3 teams? The falcons might not get and sacks but the bucs and Panthers should be able to muster a good pass rush vs them and the Brees goes to crap when pressured or hit. The Bucs come to fight when the play the Saints.

The Falcons regardless have been great during the reg season and Smith finds ways to pull out games in the last few mins. So it might be ugly, but he does win alot of reg season games. But the Falcons running game is a huge question mark.

The Saints are the paper champions (for experts who are on the seahawks or 9ers or broncos bandwagons). But can Saints survive the aggressiveness of the South? Are the Panthers pretenders, was last year a fluke? Can loVie finally get over the hump and get the bucs back to the playoffs?

Lets be honest. Falcons and Saints have basically dominated the South for the last few years. They have the biggest rivalry in the South (from the west days and their history).

The Bucs have had the talent but cripple by dumb stuff like crappy coaching choices. Kinda the same with the Panthers. Falcons and Saints have been more stable at coach since smith came along (before that the Falcons where in the hampster wheel of coaches).

A few years we have seen enough talent from all 4 teams to give legit arguments as to why the South could easily be the most talented and tough division in the NFL. But it never turned out that way.

Bucs, Panthers and Falcons all have alot of new faces that play in key spots that make it hard to forecast how they will do over the course of the season.

But is the Bucs and Panthers ready to dethrone the Saints and Falcons from being the top 2 teams in the South?

Can the Saints survive the onslaught from these 3 teams? The falcons might not get and sacks but the bucs and Panthers should be able to muster a good pass rush vs them and the Brees goes to crap when pressured or hit. The Bucs come to fight when the play the Saints.

The Falcons regardless have been great during the reg season and Smith finds ways to pull out games in the last few mins. So it might be ugly, but he does win alot of reg season games. But the Falcons running game is a huge question mark.

The Saints are the paper champions (for experts who are on the seahawks or 9ers or broncos bandwagons). But can Saints survive the aggressiveness of the South? Are the Panthers pretenders, was last year a fluke? Can loVie finally get over the hump and get the bucs back to the playoffs?

I don't see the Saints being unseated, as long as Brees & Payton are there. The Falcons were already unseated, and depending on how their offseason upgrades turn out, they may be until they get the defensive rush back, and make sure the O-line can hold up. Matthews is a good start though.

You look at the Saints & Falcons, you think offense. You look at the Panthers & the Bucs you think defense. This is where you'll find the most interesting differences, and one of the reasons the Panthers and Bucs seem to match up better against the Saints.

If we're looking at the not too distant future, it's gonna be very interesting to see how all this plays out.

2 offensive teams against 2 defensive teams, though I hesitate to call the Saints a purely offensive team, seeing as they are with out a doubt the most balanced team the NFC South. If the Falcons were to make some serious upgrades on defense, and keep theiroffense going, they could take the Saints place once Brees retires. Same thing could be said about the Panthers if they continue on the path they started in 2013.

The Bucs are a pure wait & see at this point. Even with massive improvement they could still only win 7 or 8 games tis season, but even so, it's an improvement and shows they're finally heading in the right direction, instead of dealing with the likes of Schiano & Morris. Even with only 7 wins, Buc fans will find watching this team a helluva lot more than the past 5 seasons.

Lets be honest. Falcons and Saints have basically dominated the South for the last few years.

Lets be real honest. In the last few years (4) the Saints have won the conference once.

In the last 7, they have won it twice.

Since the NFC South's inception in 2002 (12 seasons), they have won it 3 times... is that domination???

Lets be real honest. In the last few years (4) the Saints have won the conference once.

In the last 7, they have won it twice.

Since the NFC South's inception in 2002 (12 seasons), they have won it 3 times... is that domination???

If you wanna look at it that way......the Bucs have been just as dominate. The past 5 years the Saints & Falcons have dominated the division.

I understand what wfw is saying, but here is my personal slant on that.

I was a Rams season ticket holder when they played at the Coliseum in LA, and still occasionally followed their progress when they moved to Anaheim.

but I have NO connection to their super Bowl win in St Louis... it just isnt the same organization to me.

I also have no interest in the Falcons before 2012... I rooted for them when they played in the Super Bowl, but that was more Donkee-hate than anything.

I understand what wfw is saying, but here is my personal slant on that.

I was a Rams season ticket holder when they played at the Coliseum in LA, and still occasionally followed their progress when they moved to Anaheim.

but I have NO connection to their super Bowl win in St Louis... it just isnt the same organization to me.

I also have no interest in the Falcons before 2012... I rooted for them when they played in the Super Bowl, but that was more Donkee-hate than anything.

If the Falcons ever left Atlanta. I would still follow them.

You take on a team you take on their entire history WFW says or you are not a real fan! WFW has been a fan of the Falcons since 72' but WFW can tell you anything you want to know about the team dating back to 66' Jack...WFW is just sayin'

In B4 someone mentions the Skins...yes WFW knows their entire history as well!

In B4 someone mentions Sammy Baugh...no WFW did not see him when he played!

I get that, but he inferred Saints fans as in all of us. I know Saints history prior to 2006, I've sat thru a lot of crappy Saints football over the years so I'm going to revel in This era until the wheels fall off.

Edited by meezy0236