Fk Man

freebird310

I heard it start to thunder and was just going to ignore it. All of a sudden a bolt of lightning hit within a hundred feet of the house and the power went off. It was so loud I had to fight the urge to duck and run for cover ~ because I was already inside. lol. Had a couple of other really loud bolts, but thankfully no damage and the power was only off for a couple of minutes.

I heard it start to thunder and was just going to ignore it. All of a sudden a bolt of lightning hit within a hundred feet of the house and the power went off. It was so loud I had to fight the urge to duck and run for cover ~ because I was already inside. lol. Had a couple of other really loud bolts, but thankfully no damage and the power was only off for a couple of minutes.

Sounds like me last night. My dogs absolutely hate thunder and it was hitting right outside the house. Sounded like WW111 out there. I ended up having to give them all doggy xanax so they wouldn't have heart attacks. One was hiding in the bathtub and the other one wouldn't come out from under our bed. Poor things were shaking so bad the furniture and pictures on the wall were rattling.

Sounds like me last night. My dogs absolutely hate thunder and it was hitting right outside the house. Sounded like WW111 out there. I ended up having to give them all doggy xanax so they wouldn't have heart attacks. One was hiding in the bathtub and the other one wouldn't come out from under our bed. Poor things were shaking so bad the furniture and pictures on the wall were rattling.

I hear ya, man. My dog is super skittish. She heads for cover if I even say a cuss word. Not so much because she's sensitive to swearing, she is well aware that the obscenity is often followed by more dramatic, destructive expressions of my anger. Bad storms are really hard on her. I was glad I was home with her so she wouldn't be quite so terrified.

no lightning here but I was away for the weekend and got such a huge rainstorm it f***** up my pool beyond beliefI left on Friday everything was crystal clear I returned on Monday and my s*** was greener than the Falcons practice field

Gotta hate that. A gigantic branch from my mango tree was in mine this morning. It was a whole lotta fun getting that out and cut up to put by the road this morning! :angry:

Hey guys, everything seems to be OK but man was rough for a couple hours, never lost power so I think am good, but I could swear I smelled smoke in the attic. Was scared to sleep last nite. Got to head up to Knoxville for work here shortly and is still raining, dreading the trip, slightly hungover and want to go back to bed....sad.png .. Sorry about your mango tree Tug, if I had one of those I would make you a mango margarita LOL ....

I hear ya, man. My dog is super skittish. She heads for cover if I even say a cuss word. Not so much because she's sensitive to swearing, she is well aware that the obscenity is often followed by more dramatic, destructive expressions of my anger. Bad storms are really hard on her. I was glad I was home with her so she wouldn't be quite so terrified.

Not to shill for some company, but you might want to check this out.

http://www.thundershirt.com/

Doesn't even have to be a shirt designed for this specific purpose, just something that snuggles and gently restrains your dog. Worked wonders for our Jack Russell, who goes nuts at the first rumble.

Not to shill for some company, but you might want to check this out.

http://www.thundershirt.com/

Doesn't even have to be a shirt designed for this specific purpose, just something that snuggles and gently restrains your dog. Worked wonders for our Jack Russell, who goes nuts at the first rumble.

I've tried the shirt as well on my pit. He's terrified of thunder and it seems to calm him some. He still gets anxious and doesn't like to be left alone, but it seems to keep him from shaking uncontrollably and panting.

Edited by saints4life25