Wes Welker Suspended For Drugs

Knight of God

What a thug!!!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-wes-welker-suspended-four-games-for-use-of-amphetamines-090214

Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has been suspended for use of amphetamines, according to a report confirmed by FOX Sports NFL Insider Mike Garafolo.

The story, originally reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter, says Welker will miss the first four games of the season.

An appeal has already been denied. FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer reports that the Broncos have known about Welker's suspension since before training came began, but were holding out hope that the appeal would reverse it.

This news comes just a day after Welker rejoined Broncos practice after missing time due to a concussion suffered during an Aug. 23 preseason game.

Welker is starting his second season in Denver. He caught 73 passes for 778 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2013, despite missing almost four games due to injury.

Apparently he's been partying with some Molly. I'm amazed this slipped under the radar for this long. It's already been appealed too.

Wes Welker - WR - Broncos

Profootballtalk reports Wes Welker's positive test for amphetamines was the result of MDMA ("Molly") that had been "cut with amphetamines."

It's the same explanation Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick used for his positive PED test in August. "Molly" could be surpassing "Adderall" as the excuse du jour for those who run afoul of the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. Currently recovering from a concussion, Welker can't return until Week 6, as Denver is on bye in Week 4. Emmanuel Sanders is now the clear No. 2 opposite Demaryius Thomas, with Cody Latimer and Andre Caldwell fighting for snaps as the No. 3.

Well this is an interesting update.

http://www.rotoworld...2964/wes-welker

Wes Welker - WR - Broncos

The Denver Post's Mike Klis reports the Broncos believe suspended WR Wes Welker will play Week 1 against the Colts.

Per Klis, the Broncos think they'll have Welker this week because "suspensions are never announced this late in week" with the "game plan" already "in place." Okay. It's only Tuesday. We're not sure what to make of this, as we've never seen a suspended player allowed to play because the suspension was announced on a certain day of the week. It would obviously be an immediate boost for fantasy owners, but Welker is still getting a four-game ban. He's simply either going to be back Week 6 or 7. We'll update when details are available.

I actually hate that for him and all others in the league. I know some have been using these drugs to get pass that issue of feeling blurry with movement after being concussed.

Lots of guys light a doobie for pain...true story.

Seems like apples and oranges. Smoking a doob to help with pain is one thing. Taking a drug like Molly/Ecstasy that is known to cause some serious damage to the brainstem for multiple concussion long term symptoms is crazy. Does make me want to research it though. It might help short term but it has to make things worse. I would think that he was just taking recreationally. Very interesting theory for sure.