Freeman

xSICKxWITHxITx

Fourth-round rookie Devonta Freeman remains the No. 4 back on the Falcons' "unofficial" Week 1 depth chart.

Freeman rushed 32 times for 134 yards (4.18 YPC) and a touchdown in the preseason, adding 11 catches for an additional 146 yards. He graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 running back. In other words, his depth-chart placement is likely ceremonial. Jacquizz Rodgers has firmly established he's a poor NFL backup, while Antone Smith is a 29-year-old (this month) change-of-pace back. Freeman is the most sensible and highest-upside handcuff for Steven Jackson.

Related: Steven Jackson, Antone Smith, Jacquizz Rodgers

Source: atlantafalcons.com Sep 2 - 4:33 PM

the falcons have a habit of making their Depth charts with the Vet at #1 & #2 at the start of every year. Don't necessarily mean they will start the game that way--but pretty close

ie the A smith then freeman thing is just because Smith is the Vet does not mean he'll get the most time or the most snaps between the 2.

OH and I don't think the Falcons ever publish an "official" depth chart

The only way we draft Gurley and if we have a good year this year, we wont be able too - is we better sign Justin Houston this offseason, Gurley is cool and all but hes a running back and one I am not sure will be healthy for a full season. We need to keep working on the Def.

I really like Quizz, Freeman, and Smith

Jackson should go

I guess I don't see why people act like Quizz is so terrible. Why is he so awful? Doesn't make sense to me. He isn't sensational but he is a decent player

sjax will be gone next season.....we will draft his replacement quizz is a free agent this season, might not be here

I'd be very disappointed if we drafted a RB in the 1st next year.

Unless it was a late round 1st or it was the product of a trade back to pick up an extra 2nd.

Say "no" to first round RBs.

Any team that skips Gurley is stupid, just like the teams that skipped AP.

If he's there you take him, especially if there's no elite pass rusher. He's not just a first round RB. He's a once a generational talent.

The problem with Gurley is Mark Richt is his coach so he's not playing to his full potential, and that's scary.

TD will never draft a RB 1st rd. Forget it. Look for OT to solidify RT. There is no Clowney or Mack this draft. Closest thing might be Gregory. Look for another OT. TD likes seniors so Erving or Collins could be in the mix

How do you know that we're talking about a GM who came from 27 to 6 to get a WRer slow your roll with won't draft a RB in the 1st round.

I want the best pass rusher in FA and I want a beater who comes in and makes a difference from day 1 I don't care how much it costs get it done.

The only way we draft Gurley and if we have a good year this year, we wont be able too - is we better sign Justin Houston this offseason, Gurley is cool and all but hes a running back and one I am not sure will be healthy for a full season. We need to keep working on the Def.

Agree. Sign Houston and raft either beasly or Jordan Jenkins or Noah spence would be an ideal scenario for me

Man just watched the 5th episode again and I absolutely love the part where he is sitting on the couch he wants to buy talking aabout chillin after winning the SuperBowl. Man I love Freeman!

Amsterdam too, hard not to really like that kid. We better make sure we keep him around. Hearing he tried to go back out and play after that mean looking hamstring tear is awesome. That guys gonna make it in this league.

guys.... Gurley is special, best RB coming out of college sense AP. he can do it all,has power to run inside, NEVER goes down from first contact ,he runs Angry, just like AP, has the speed to get outside, can catch out of the backfield, and even return kicks....there are NO holes in the kids game. i wouldn't be disappointed if someway the Falcons were able to draft him.