The First Ten Games...

KJinCton

are going to be beyond crucial for us. We have only three home games from September 7th until our fourth home game{our 11the game on the schedule} on November 23rd. One of those is the "home" game in London against the Lions. No one will have home field advantage in that game. After that, we end up with four of the last six at home, so if we can end up with a respectable record after the first ten, then we should be feeling good going into the last month or so.

I truly think that this team will be much improved over the 2013 squad and while I don't know if we'll reach the heights of the 2012 campaign, I do believe in the long run that the 2014 Falcons will be better than the 2012 Falcons. The question is, how long will it take these new players to gel together into a cohesive unit that can dominate a game. Something tells me that it might be mid October before that happens. The 2012 team was blessed with a lot of luck, but couldn't finish when in mattered in January. This squad will be a much better team come December, but I just don't know if they'll have won enough games to make it to the post season.

Guest fibonacci

I agree the regular season will be highly important if we want to make the post season

and that's highly highly important if we want to get to a superbowl

I agree with the statement that 2014 could be better then 2012. Maybe not record wise but I think no matter where we get in the Playoffs Matty Ice is primed for a deep run if the O-Lines hold up. If the D can be solid enough and get timely turnovers I believe we can bring home the Lombardi

What if 8 and 2 with loss to the bangles and staints?

As much as I'd love to beat the Saints this weekend, I'd gladly take a blowout beatdown from them if it meant going 8-1 in the next 9 games haha

We really do need to do well in the first half of the season, though, because the back end of our schedule looks brutal.

At least, it does right now... who knows how it'll look in 8-10 weeks once we find out who's good and who's bad.

I forgot how brutally honest this place can be...wink.png . I guess the better position to take is we have 7 away games out of the first 10, so it's going to be impressive if we find ourselves at the Browns game in late November at 7-3 or better. I'd be happy as a tornado in a trailer park if we get 7 wins out of the first 10 in that situation.

Edited by KJinCton