So Get This

Dirtybird#11

Turns out after a few days of speculating where Michael Sam will go he ends up nowhere! He hasn't been picked up by anyone and now the Rams have announced that he won't be on their ps.... Kinda feel bad for him.

(Mods feel free to move)

He's got a promising career at ESPN or the LGBT lecture circit.He'd be an intellectual giant at MSNBC.

I guess it shows all the players who are considering coming out to keep their sexual preferences to themselves...

Queers are only 3% of the population....but the media has done a great job in popular culture to give the impression that they're numbers are much higher.Im not editing my post for the "their, they're, and there" analholics.

That has nothing to do with why he didn't make the Rams roster. He simply isn't that good of a football player.

He has to be good enough. He won SEC defensive player of the year! An I bet when Jeff Fisher an co was sitting making the choice between him an Westbrook they had some biased opinions on having a gay man playing for their squad. An how do I back this up? They won't even sign him to their practice squad....

He has to be good enough. He won SEC defensive player of the year! An I bet when Jeff Fisher an co was sitting making the choice between him an Westbrook they had some biased opinions on having a gay man playing for their squad. An how do I back this up? They won't even sign him to their practice squad....

If being a good college player meant anything then Tim Tebow would be a superstar in the NFL. But it doesn't. History is chalk full of guys that were great college players that couldn't cut it in the NFL.

Queers are only 3% of the population....but the media has done a great job in popular culture to give the impression that they're numbers are much higher.Im not editing my post for the "their, they're, and there" analholics.

Lol Georgia's finest right here

Kinda of surprising considering he somewhat modestly exceeded the most realistic expectations but maybe the extra attention is bigger negative than most GMs really wanted to admit.

I really truly believe u are on to something. If this guy was a Julius peppers, clowney, JJ watt type talent he would be fine. The publicity would be worth the trouble. But he is a marginal player. He is good enough to be on a roster. But he is a back end roster type guy and maybe a not active on game day. I truly believe some teams shy away believing a marginal guy isn't worth the distraction. The people saying that isnt true are trying to go out of their way to prove this isn't an issue. I mean its just like any distraction. A guy with domestic violence or drug history. If ur Aldon Smith no problem. Say it was Cliff Mathews. Different story. Aldon Smith would be kept, Mathews would be released. That's just how it is, and maybe rightfully so.

I still don't understand why Sam allowed the circus or even announced his sexual preference. Frankly, me and most other folks just don't give a rats behind what he does in the bed. All I care about is if he can play. And I really think the guy can play. He doesn't have great measuables but has yielded results. Dumervil, though a Lil higher rated, had some of the same negative things said about him when he entered the draft. Sam had an uphill climb to start with to make a roster. Throw in the homosexuality aspect, crazy media coverage, and poor if any ST play and he really shot himself in the foot. The whole deal iz unfortunate BC I believe he is good enough to contribute to a team in the league.