The Real, Real Reason We Kept Starr On The 53

If you only look at our options - our FO had a choice to make of either Starr, Smith, or an outside prospect.

AFAIK other than Michael Sam (who we should've signed) - there aren't many great looking edge rush/OLBs on the market. So we will go off of what we had in-house:

Jacques Smith or Tyler Starr -

3 reasons we chose Starr:

1. Tyler Starr has the measureables/athletic ability to become an elite pass rusher - his 3 cone drill and twitch are better than some of the top rushers in the league.

Good article explaining why:

http://bleacherrepor...-the-2014-draft

Another good read:

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=439601

2. Starr has outplayed Smith the last 2 preseason games. Here’s Jacques Smith’s PFF grades:

P1: 0.9

P2: 2.1

P3: -3.4

P4: -0.9

Here’s Starr’s PFF grades:

P1: 1.3

P2: 0.0

P3: 1.5

P4: -0.7

Starr winds up with a +2.1 rating and Smith has a +1.3 rating.

3. Penalties. J. Smith screwed up big time getting ejected from that game - but even if this didn't happen - he was a penalty waiting to happen.

________

So that's it.

Why did we keep Cliff Matthews over Travian Robertson?

... lol **** if I know

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Falcons put talented, but raw players like Bush or Middleton on the practice squad and other teams sign them and develop them, posters here say: "Why didn't they hold onto those guys?"

Now, the Falcons hold onto one of those talented but raw players to develop in-house, it's "Why did they hold onto that guy?

So, Falcons put talented, but raw players like Bush or Middleton on the practice squad and other teams sign them and develop them, posters here say: "Why didn't they hold onto those guys?"

Now, the Falcons hold onto one of those talented but raw players to develop in-house, it's "Why did they hold onto that guy?

truest **** I've read today

If you only look at our options - our FO had a choice to make of either Starr, Smith, or an outside prospect.

AFAIK other than Michael Sam (who we should've signed) - there aren't many great looking edge rush/OLBs on the market. So we will go off of what we had in-house:

Jacques Smith or Tyler Starr -

3 reasons we chose Starr:

1. Tyler Starr has the measureables/athletic ability to become an elite pass rusher - his 3 cone drill and twitch are better than some of the top rushers in the league.

Good article explaining why:

http://bleacherrepor...-the-2014-draft

Another good read:

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=439601

2. Starr has outplayed Smith the last 2 preseason games. Here’s Jacques Smith’s PFF grades:

P1: 0.9

P2: 2.1

P3: -3.4

P4: -0.9

Here’s Starr’s PFF grades:

P1: 1.3

P2: 0.0

P3: 1.5

P4: -0.7

Starr winds up with a +2.1 rating and Smith has a +1.3 rating.

3. Penalties. J. Smith screwed up big time getting ejected from that game - but even if this didn't happen - he was a penalty waiting to happen.

________

So that's it.

... lol **** if I know

I approve these messages. Good thought out OP too.

Guest facelessman07

... lol **** if I know

Cause TD and Smitty are beyond stupidly obsessed with special teams for some dumbazz reason

Where is Middleton playing? Last I heard it was with the Jags... Not sure if that's a good example. As for bush he was expendable for the saints unless it was us trying to pick him. Bet money the saints wouldn't have cared if it was any other team but an NFC south rival. Done.

Where is Middleton playing? Last I heard it was with the Jags... Not sure if that's a good example. As for bush he was expendable for the saints unless it was us trying to pick him. Bet money the saints wouldn't have cared if it was any other team but an NFC south rival. Done.

Middleton actually turned into something special before getting injured

Have guys actually watched Micheal Sam play or are they just victims to ESPN constant coverage. If he hadn't come out as a gay player 90% of people wouldn't know his name. To me he looks too slow to be am edge rusher. He picked up a couple junk sacks against other guys that got cut with him but that's it. ESPN treated him like he was setting the league on fire

Have guys actually watched Micheal Sam play or are they just victims to ESPN constant coverage. If he hadn't come out as a gay player 90% of people wouldn't know his name. To me he looks too slow to be am edge rusher. He picked up a couple junk sacks against other guys that got cut with him but that's it. ESPN treated him like he was setting the league on fire

Compared to our OLBs beyond Maponga and Mass, he was

truest statement in a long while. Lesson learned maybe?

Enough with the "we shouldve signed Michael Sam" crap. Dude was a 7th rdr for a reason.. Doesnt even fit our scheme. smh. We have Osi(whos waaaaay better than Sam) as our situational pass rusher. And Osi can actually drop into coverage if need be. Michael Sam is a one trick pony. Dont let a couple of sacks vs 3rd stringers fool ya..Just my opinion of course..

Nuuuuuuuuk!

Only difference is...Bush was actually noticeably doing something...lol.