Tony G Left A Lasting Impression On Lt....

DirtyBird8711

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Toilolo is a huge target he is slow footed.

Jimmy Graham 40 yard dash. 4.53

Gronk 40 yard dash 4.65

Toilolo ' s 40 yard dash time 4.79.

He could still be a Red Zone target. I wish he were faster .

Tony last year probably ran close to a 4.9. Speed isn't everything. He's working on making his weaknesses his strengths. Got to give props to the guy, to stay late after a long day of practice says a lot about his character. Tony took him under his wing and looks like that work ethic rubbed off a bit. I think he can be a 5 to 8 TD guy in our system. Not a lot of yards, but a lot of looks in the endzone.

Tony last year probably ran close to a 4.9. Speed isn't everything. He's working on making his weaknesses his strengths. Got to give props to the guy, to stay late after a long day of practice says a lot about his character. Tony took him under his wing and looks like that work ethic rubbed off a bit. I think he can be a 5 to 8 TD guy in our system. Not a lot of yards, but a lot of looks in the endzone.

I see no reason that he can't be as effective as Gonzalez was for the Falcons. My point is that I don't see him becoming a Jimmy Graham or Gronk type TE

I see no reason that he can't be as effective as Gonzalez was for the Falcons. My point is that I don't see him becoming a Jimmy Graham or Gronk type TE

Agreed. Smitty already said we were going to use him as an inline TE. Doesn't mean he can't be a threat catching the ball though.

I've been on the Lolo train for a while now. I love what i've been hearing; he's been first in last out all offseason. He has lots of potential, it makes me so glad to hear he's taking his game seriously and putting in the time and effort.

and he plays a mean ukelele!

seriously though, seems a lot of people don't realize he was high on the depth chart at stanford until an injury sidelined him. then they changed coaches, and he couldn't seem to get back. I think we'll be fine with the new schemes, but I too am very curious why we don't do more high throws to him and JJ, esp in the red zone

Toilolo can still stretch the field more than 13 & 14 Gonzo did and block much better. If Toilolo can block well and be a 3rd down and red zone target- he's a real asset to the team.

Gonzalez stretched the e field in 13/14?

I didn't catch that game.

I thought Gonzo only ran short to intermediate routes.

Edited by ChessPlayer1

If we don't throw at him in the red zone then we need a new coordinator. His size alone will beat any DB that tries to cover him and a high throw should net a few TD's during the year

I hate to break this to you but you are seriously underestimating how athletic NFL corners are.

Sure he's tall but he doesn't have a freakish vertical to go with it.

Alford has a better vertical than him. He'll be mismatch for most LBS but he's not going to be able to out jump most starting NFL corners.

I hate to break this to you but you are seriously underestimating how athletic NFL corners are.

Sure he's tall but he doesn't have a freakish vertical to go with it.

Alford has a better vertical than him. He'll be mismatch for most LBS but he's not going to be able to out jump most starting NFL corners.

Been saying this forever. The height advantage isn't sh!t if a DB can make up the difference with their leaping ability.

There are 3 things he needs to work on to take advantage of his size & become the red zone threat people wish he could be: Hands, boxing people out, and improving his vert by just a few inches.

Then, he'd be d@mn near unstoppable, but he's still got a long way to go.

I am not to big on Toilolo, but I do like him somewhat. I love hearing that he is working hard and trying his best to better himself. That's all I can ask for. As far as him not getting many targets in the preseason I think that has more to do with not showing our hand much. I expect him to get his fair share once the regular season starts.