This Ticks Me Off

Falconsfan567

It really ticks me off when someone on this board doesn't agree with something the team does and the main thing people say is "the guys running the team clearly know what they're doing and you don't. If you did you would have a job in the NFL." That is such a bunch of bullpen. If that was the case then guys like Matt Millen, Marion Campbell and David Shula would have never gotten the chance to run NFL teams. Just stop saying that, it's not true. I know **** well I could run an NFL team better than Matt (draft a WR in the 1st round every year) Millen.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is a sport of layers. It takes a team all the way to the top, but not one guy has to REALLY know a whole lot about football. Not unless you're playing, coaching, or some times scouting. Not all scouts or analysts are football guys to begin with. That's a myth. Not even your GM's. Most guys who get in either know someone or got lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.

There are guys out there who know every team and can talk about the top 50 FA's and Draft prospects and do the research for no other reason than for fun. No more or less than the gun, or martial arts enthusiast who never served in the military. Even the guy who knows politics very well, but never even ran.

Guys say, "Well I'll trust the guys in charge." I wonder how many of you are that gung ho or patriotic about the president, your bosses, the guy who works at McDonald's, or whoever else. Well, this is no different. That saying only amounts to anything when you fail to have anything to add. There are ex-NFL players on this board, scouts, enthusiasts, and fans who just love the team. Not everyone is sitting making comments just cuz.

Every year I point out flaws. EVERY year, and even though I eat my crow like a man does everyone actually sit and say, "Man I was wrong about that one..." Heck no. It doesn't suit, that's not the way things work in a fanbase. You either talk about how he will blow up in 2-3 years then, another year or two...then when the dude disappears, nothing. There are some guys who understand what they are looking at on another level for whatever reason.

You don't have to like, or even respect that fact. But its here and its going nowhere, shaming included or not.

Well the thing is you can whine all you want but you have no effect on the team the front office of the roster. You can come up with any 20/20 hindsight dream scenario but that also doesn't mean crap or change anything.

At the end of the day you're a spectator and none of you fantasy gm crap means anything. You can cry to the stars that you can run the team better and again it doesn't mean crap cause you never will get the chance.

How in the heIl am I supposed to get a job in the NFL when I don't have any inside connections? You do realize that is how people get jobs in the NFL right? My only option is to buy a team and I'm never going to have the money to do that so that's not a realistic option.

Then don't say that you can do a better job.

It's so easy to claim that "I can do a better job" than the persons in charge, because there's not one owner who would dare to let fans run his team. And the people who claims they can do so, doesn't really know what the job is.

But work hard and maybe some day you can call yourself GM. And if you make it, don't be surprised if the fans on your teams MB think they can do a better job.

Well the thing is you can whine all you want but you have no effect on the team the front office of the roster. You can come up with any 20/20 hindsight dream scenario but that also doesn't mean crap or change anything.

At the end of the day you're a spectator and none of you fantasy gm crap means anything. You can cry to the stars that you can run the team better and again it doesn't mean crap cause you never will get the chance.

DUHH!!!!! You'd come up with that all by yourself?

How in the heIl am I supposed to get a job in the NFL when I don't have any inside connections? You do realize that is how people get jobs in the NFL right? My only option is to buy a team and I'm never going to have the money to do that so that's not a realistic option.

Or you could actualy put the time and hours in like going to college and getting in as an intern and working your tail off. Instead of standing there looking for a hand out.

Or you could actualy put the time and hours in like going to college and getting in as an intern and working your tail off. Instead of standing there looking for a hand out.

I'm in college right now to be a teacher. Have no idea what college course there is that allows you to get into the NFL. But hey, whatever. Doesn't discount what I said in that most of the people in the NFL got there because of knowing the right people.

I'm in college right now to be a teacher. Have no idea what college course there is that allows you to get into the NFL. But hey, whatever. Doesn't discount what I said in that most of the people in the NFL got there because of knowing the right people.

A Masters in Business and a law degree is a start. Most GMs have a law degree because they are dealing with player and staff contracts.

And the reason most GMs got their job by knowing people is because they started at the bottom and worked their way up. Dimitroff took a job as a grounds crew to get his foot in the door.

No one here could do a better job than any general manager in the NFL. Not a single person. Unless they want to go spend 20 years as a scout helping building rosters for NFL teams and colleges, then you might be qualified enough to apply.

Matt Millen built an NFL team that went 0-16 in a season. If you don't think anyone here could do better then you're crazy. We're not talking about curing cancer, we're talking about putting together the best roster of 53 players that you can and hoping it's good enough to win a Super Bowl. Don't make it out to be harder than it really is. It's not hard to look at guys and tell if they're capable of playing in the NFL or not, especially when you're getting input from coaches and scouts.

Matt Millen built an NFL team that went 0-16 in a season. If you don't think anyone here could do better then you're crazy. We're not talking about curing cancer, we're talking about putting together the best roster of 53 players that you can and hoping it's good enough to win a Super Bowl. Don't make it out to be harder than it really is. It's not hard to look at guys and tell if they're capable of playing in the NFL or not, especially when you're getting input from coaches and scouts.

Tell yourself that all you want. I'm sure anyone so astoundingly confident that they could run a billion dollar franchise with absolutely no experience in the field other than drafting a fantasy football team can't be convinced otherwise.