Anyone Know About The New Guy (Subpar)?

truefalcon

I have heard that is a pretty decent STs guys. I also saw earlier on twitter that he had the best 3 cone drill time in the 2012 draft combine. Other than those two things I have not a clue. Dobbins was only here to mainly be a STs guy and basically what we did was trade him out for a younger guy to do the same thing.

TD tweeted that we picked him up as a replacement for Weatherspoon. Expect him to start at OLB in week 2. When told that fans were skeptical, TD said that people who whine about who is going to fill scrub positions on the roster are people who want to whine.

People who try shaming consistently with little understanding of what is truly being conversed about, are simply manipulators with nothing to add. ;)

People who try shaming consistently with little understanding of what is truly being conversed about, are simply manipulators with nothing to add. wink.png

"People who try shaming consistently with little understanding of what is truly being conversed about" is kind of our mission statement at TATF.

"People who try shaming consistently with little understanding of what is truly being conversed about" is kind of our mission statement at TATF.

True...lol

Fans are fans though. Its kind of what to expect. I mean, in this case we aren't very deep anywhere on the defense. We're stout on the line, but if even one guy on the LB corps is hurt then we're grasping at straws. We have no edge rush that I can see. I mean I could be wrong, but it looks spotty from here. "We can stop the run" so long as we are talking defense. "Its a passing league." if we're talking offense.

I see the humor in it, but man...a lot of these moves border on the "this can't be real" zone.

There's only so much to fix in one off season. I was cool with the "pressures are more important than sacks" company line until the BS calls were being made on the secondary. Now, we can flush a QB and if he gets the ball out of his hands, a savvy WR can draw a penalty and get a first down. Now, it's not enough to collapse the pocket. You have to get the QB to the turf or risk extending the drive.

Not to sound like a defeatist, but I can see where the only time it will be "incidental contact" is when we're on offense.

There's only so much to fix in one off season. I was cool with the "pressures are more important than sacks" company line until the BS calls were being made on the secondary. Now, we can flush a QB and if he gets the ball out of his hands, a savvy WR can draw a penalty and get a first down. Now, it's not enough to collapse the pocket. You have to get the QB to the turf or risk extending the drive.

Not to sound like a defeatist, but I can see where the only time it will be "incidental contact" is when we're on offense.

Folks say that a lot, its funny because where are the past 6 before this year? That's where the frustration comes from. Another rebuild. Sure I think I speak for most when I say, I appreciate 5 back to back winning seasons. After that first off season though, most of us were like "huh?" Nothing to get irritated with us over. Many like myself just don't get this current regime at all. There are actually only four of the 32 teams that leave me like that and this is one of them...we have the most back to back winning seasons out of those four.

Folks say that a lot, its funny because where are the past 6 before this year? That's where the frustration comes from. Another rebuild. Sure I think I speak for most when I say, I appreciate 5 back to back winning seasons. After that first off season though, most of us were like "huh?" Nothing to get irritated with us over. Many like myself just don't get this current regime at all. There are actually only four of the 32 teams that leave me like that and this is one of them...we have the most back to back winning seasons out of those four.

Well, I responded with my opinion on this one already. I still contend that if you're a good team, it takes something that cannot be quantified to become great. The difference between "good" and "great" is typically one player who outplays his draft status by a lot. Richard Sherman and Tom Brady are two examples. People often complain that TD "can't find late round gems" but they're dishonest because if anyone was aware that Richard Sherman would be one of the best CBs, he would have been drafted in the first round. So TD is not alone.

There's no substitute for talent. And there's really no substitute for all-pro, clearly-better-than-competition talent. How close are the Falcons to being a Super Bowl team? One edge rusher developing among our OLBs. If the light for one guy goes on, that changes the entire defensive dynamic and although I don't see that guy on our roster, who's to say that he's not there? Maybe the scheme will reveal something that we don't see just yet.

In my own humble opinion, we're about due for some lucky break and that's really all we need. Nolan has the defensive personnel he wanted now, so let's see what he does with it.

BTW, KoG: Don't think that I disagree with you on the status of the roster and how it was put together. If anything, I see a glass that is half full and yours is half empty. It's still a glass with water in it and we both see that. It is what it is, for good or ill.

Actually with the roster its just half. Incomplete IMO. With Sherman, that would seem like a great point...but how many teams were actually looking for a CB? That plays into a lot too is, "what were you looking for when that happened?"

I understand what you're saying though.

EDIT: I would be surprised if any from this batch break out. Happy, if it happened...VERY doubtful.

Actually with the roster its just half. Incomplete IMO. With Sherman, that would seem like a great point...but how many teams were actually looking for a CB? That plays into a lot too is, "what were you looking for when that happened?"

I understand what you're saying though.

EDIT: I would be surprised if any from this batch break out. Happy, if it happened...VERY doubtful.

I agree. And Sherman was the 23rd cornerback selected in the 2011 draft. And he's better than all of the ones taken before him (except possibly Patrick Peterson). How much do you want to bet that someone on the Seahawk's message board complained that there was someone else they would rather the team took instead of Sherman in the fifth round? No matter how smart we are, we aren't always right. And yes, sometimes it would be great to be wrong.

We'll probably find out at 1:05 PM next Sunday how full that glass is. Hopefully, we find that the liquid in it is something we'd enjoy drinking... unsure.png

Well, I responded with my opinion on this one already. I still contend that if you're a good team, it takes something that cannot be quantified to become great. The difference between "good" and "great" is typically one player who outplays his draft status by a lot. Richard Sherman and Tom Brady are two examples. People often complain that TD "can't find late round gems" but they're dishonest because if anyone was aware that Richard Sherman would be one of the best CBs, he would have been drafted in the first round. So TD is not alone.

There's no substitute for talent. And there's really no substitute for all-pro, clearly-better-than-competition talent. How close are the Falcons to being a Super Bowl team? One edge rusher developing among our OLBs. If the light for one guy goes on, that changes the entire defensive dynamic and although I don't see that guy on our roster, who's to say that he's not there? Maybe the scheme will reveal something that we don't see just yet.

In my own humble opinion, we're about due for some lucky break and that's really all we need. Nolan has the defensive personnel he wanted now, so let's see what he does with it.

Good post, i completely agree with this.

well I've read this whole thread and still do not know anything about the guy

typical TATF thread

what college? what did he accomplish for his college team?

what year is this in his pro career?

What pro teams has he played for?

never mind I looked him up

Here's a great site that I found. It lets me look up almost anything and find information on it. Just put the information you need in the space and select 'enter' and you'll easily find stuff that even we on TATF don't know. Let me know if it works for you.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl