So Nothing Out There Better Than Holmes

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1409536475' post='8757610']

Don't worry about him, he's mad because we aren't sitting around a campfire talking about how great Starr is.

I'm surprised how a good preseason erases a bad regular season. I take comfort that we have 2 upgrades on the line this year but... Holmes is a backup. Only reason he is a starter is because of injuries. He didn't beat anyone out. To say he is good is wishful thinking not fact. Teams are going to test him.

Dance with the ones that you came with i guess.

I'm surprised how a good preseason erases a bad regular season. I take comfort that we have 2 upgrades on the line this year but... Holmes is a backup. Only reason he is a starter is because of injuries. He didn't beat anyone out. To say he is good is wishful thinking not fact. Teams are going to test him.

Dance with the ones that you came with i guess.

I would attack that side all day.

I would attack that side all day.

Anybody with sound defensive philosophy would. Dude has struggled, big time, especially when he's tired. Puddin will get his rear handed to him some this year, and some that are tootin his horn will curse his name again. That being said, I HOPE he is indeed much improved and I am encouraged that we're seemingly getting some development out of some guys.

Holmes has played well.

That being said the simple fact the line has experience with him on it makes him better than anybody else available. Bringing in someone new to start now would sabotage us more than help us.

Did y'all hear Lovie Smiths comments about how Oline players needing to jell and become accustomed to playing with each other is a bunch of bull? I thought it was hilarious. Whatever you say Lovie! lol

Did y'all hear Lovie Smiths comments about how Oline players needing to jell and become accustomed to playing with each other is a bunch of bull? I thought it was hilarious. Whatever you say Lovie! lol

Mike Smith believes sacks are overrated. They all say crazy crap man. Whatever you don't have is overrated until you get it.

Just trying to get you to post more of your meaningful topics. I've been on that side before and trust me, I'm not close to butthurt...not really. You should find one of our old topics and PM me. Miss your friendship man.

Yeah I'll hit you up. I'm not holding anything against you. Just been throwing jabs at you picking on you for being negative. I don't blame you. I don't post a ton anymore due to the boards being so down. Just ain't fun reading negative post after negative. I miss real football talk.

Mike Smith believes sacks are overrated. They all say crazy crap man. Whatever you don't have is overrated until you get it.

I think that was taken way out of context. I get what he is saying. Sacks are great, but consistent pressure is better. I remeber games where we didn't sack Brees much, but we harassed him all day. Caused him to throw a lot of bad balls and picks.

Yeah I'll hit you up. I'm not holding anything against you. Just been throwing jabs at you picking on you for being negative. I don't blame you. I don't post a ton anymore due to the boards being so down. Just ain't fun reading negative post after negative. I miss real football talk.

Dude, I have real talk here at times but there are few takers. Get involved. I'm only talking about what I don't like. I do like a few things, but you already know me enough to know I don't like not having an edge rusher worth anything. I don't like not having big men in the middle (fixed), I don't like Lowery as our best choice for FS. I kind of liked the draft. I love Matthews, Matt Ryan is cool, I wish we had better than Quizz, I like our WR depth (A LOT!!!), I don't care for the TE's, not a big fan of not taking an additional OT in the draft or at least an OG. I love Hawley, don't like Konz. Love Tice and Cox, waning on Nolan after almost 20 yrs of him being my favorite DC, not a fan of Mike Smith's but I love him as a person, I don't like TD, I love Pioli.

Its just the way I see the game man. Love seeing you around though. Get with the program, bash negs and call out bull like you usually do.

I think that was taken way out of context. I get what he is saying. Sacks are great, but consistent pressure is better. I remeber games where we didn't sack Brees much, but we harassed him all day. Caused him to throw a lot of bad balls and picks.

Nah, he really doesn't care much for the edge. Never has. He likes pressure from the interior because of the twofer effect. I like it too, but I also know you need a threat on the edge. Sacks aren't the only part of the game and I think some do overrate them, but I also think he says that in terms of what he likes. If Hageman gets 16 sacks he will NEVER say it again until we don't have them again.

We are good I just pick at him and others. I know not everything is rosy, but it's not bad either.

I agree. In think our good points are better than our bad points thus season. My only ??? Is the pass rush. I've seen enough from the line, dline against the run, lb's, corners, rb's, wr's and safeties to joke we'll be good. If the rush is there we will be back in the playoffs barring serious injury.