Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy Gossett

Can We Pickup Michael Sam Now He's Released?

107 posts in this topic

I agree with you gazoo. Sam got guy because he's not versatile. He doesn't do special teams he doesn't play any other positions. Poor in coverage. He hindered himself. Not his sexual preference. I don't see in sam what some guys do. He's stiff to me and gets washed out a lot. We have that already on the team. Why rotate one out for the same thing. Keep the guy that is at least familiar with the play book currently. Plus we have our own guys that I'd rather develop on PS than bringing in Sam. Has nothing to do with his preference. I just think we had a lot of competitiveness in our own camp. Can't sign everybody tho.

excellent post TheFatboi, I think you hit the nail on the head for how many fans view the situation. You are an insightful poster from your many posts I've read.

TheFatboi likes this

Teams don't just look at how good each late round rookie draft pick is playing at that specific moment of cuts, a bigger part of their calculus is the players upside.

Sam is a one trick pony. More than likely, a stint in the CFL might help his game.

There is no question in my mind that if Sam was proficient dropping back into coverage and playing run defense he would have been drafted higher than 7th round and would be in an NFL roster right now.

He's no better than who we have, not sure why everybody wants him so bad. A couple untouched sacks? 6 total tackles? There's a reason he was cut.

great point