Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy Gossett

Can We Pickup Michael Sam Now He's Released?

107 posts in this topic

I would imagine. He can't play the run and can't drop in coverage. He's a mediocre pass rusher, not exactly the kind of player we look for.

Not trying to be funny but that's the exact type players we end up with.

This might be my favorite post of the month. Full of common sense and delivered as a perfect response.

Kudos NovaFF.

I said the same thing about the HK cameras being a distraction. If you're "that team," you won't get distracted. If you get distracted, you're not "that team."

Knight of God and Mega Flare like this

I said the same thing about the HK cameras being a distraction. If you're "that team," you won't get distracted. If you get distracted, you're not "that team."

I don't think we are THAT TEAM yet man.

Sam for Starr is the best option.

Thank you. With all the hate Starr gets on this board, I'd LOVE to see those same people argue for him to keep his spot if Michael Sam became available to us.

Thank you. With all the hate Starr gets on this board, I'd LOVE to see those same people argue for him to keep his spot if Michael Sam became available to us.

Starr has a prettier hair rolleyes.gif

Ponga is actually good.

I Hear ya, but I have to assume That Starr made the 53 do to his special teams play, and from what I'm hearing. Sam is really bad on ST. The other choice everyone is clamoring to cut is Kroy. Nolan isn't letting that happen. I think Mass is better than Ponga. I personal would let Sam play elsewhere. I was just making conversation.smile.png

He's no better than who we have, not sure why everybody wants him so bad. A couple untouched sacks? 6 total tackles? There's a reason he was cut.

Yeah because the Rams have one of the deepest Dlines in the nfl... their 2nd and 3rd stringers could be starters on some teams.

DatWerkk likes this

That was the same with Matthews...of the Clay III variety.

Since I know you know they're not the same, I think I get your point.

Why would we want him if he didn't make St Louis' team?

I don't think he fits our scheme well, and I think he's all heart and no measurables (and Kroy is already on the roster for that role).

Having said that, the Rams are stacked with pass rushers. We aren't. If they thought he was an improvement over what we have, I could absolutely see us going after him. I don't think we will, but it's because of what I said above, not because I think him being cut necessarily means he won't be a better scheme fit somewhere.

Not trying to be funny but that's the exact type players we end up with.

Unfortunately this is very true.

If you want to downgrade a position for some extra media coverage sure go ahead.

Yeah because the Rams have one of the deepest Dlines in the nfl... their 2nd and 3rd stringers could be starters on some teams.

And he's also a one dimensional player that's mediocre at the one thing he does. But sure let's give excuses instead.