How The F*** Did Starr Make The Team And J. Smith Get Cut?

Tandy Gossett

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everybody so angry about this? Starr has been a tool that Nolan has started to trust in the same ways he's trusted Biermann since he's gotten here. Starr had a very good game against Tennessee and he's been progressively getting coverage snaps on top of showing up as a run defender. He's exactly what you want as a LOLB in a 3-4 - his ceiling is basically Paul Kruger. Jacques Smith was a punk who - and I quote - was "not good enough to be an ass hole", and he WAS one. The only reason anybody was EVER talking about Smith was because he got into fights with vets. He never showed up during a game, never showed that he was worth a roster spot on the field, where it actually matters. Starr has.

Why is everybody so angry about this? Starr has been a tool that Nolan has started to trust in the same ways he's trusted Biermann since he's gotten here. Starr had a very good game against Tennessee and he's been progressively getting coverage snaps on top of showing up as a run defender. He's exactly what you want as a LOLB in a 3-4 - his ceiling is basically Paul Kruger. Jacques Smith was a punk who - and I quote - was "not good enough to be an *** hole", and he WAS one. The only reason anybody was EVER talking about Smith was because he got into fights with vets. He never showed up during a game, never showed that he was worth a roster spot on the field, where it actually matters. Starr has.

Weird. I totally agree with your comments about Jacques Smith and totally disagree with your comments about Starr. Both deserved to be cut.

Why is everybody so angry about this? Starr has been a tool that Nolan has started to trust in the same ways he's trusted Biermann since he's gotten here. Starr had a very good game against Tennessee and he's been progressively getting coverage snaps on top of showing up as a run defender. He's exactly what you want as a LOLB in a 3-4 - his ceiling is basically Paul Kruger. Jacques Smith was a punk who - and I quote - was "not good enough to be an *** hole", and he WAS one. The only reason anybody was EVER talking about Smith was because he got into fights with vets. He never showed up during a game, never showed that he was worth a roster spot on the field, where it actually matters. Starr has.

Smith is trash, but I don't get Stone or Roby getting a spot over some of the guys we are letting slip away ...

Because Smith was immature and couldn't follow instructions is my guess. Hard Knocks or not, Armstrong told him point blank that he's not good enough to be an a-hole. What did he do in the very next game against the Titans? Got tossed out being an a-hole. That writing was on the wall, plain to see...

Starr was the better player, Smith always had 1 on 1 and couldn't do a single thing. He reminded me of Ray Edwards, always getting held up by one guy. While Starr on the other hand got around the guy, was always a little behind but if they coach him up. He could be something.

Only reason people were on Smith was because of Hard Knocks, he had a mouth and you don't see a lot of that in Atlanta. That is why a lot of folks on here love Weakasspoon, it is because he runs his mouth.