Supes..... What Happend To The Hickory Stick

Who currently has it and why havent we brought it out anymore. The players seemed to enjoy it when we awarded it

I think the player acted like they enjoyed it because a camera was pointed at them. I'd be willing to bet that they thought it was corny. Who has time to keep up with and carry around a stick? I'm sure they have more pressing matters like football and family. I think they'd better appreciate you buying merchandise so the Falcons keep handing out this bog boy pay checks, and building nice player accomadations. Notice when the player of the game is awarded, a truck or some kind of really nice award goes with it. If it weren't for the award, they could care less.

I think the player acted like they enjoyed it because a camera was pointed at them. I'd be willing to bet that they thought it was corny. Who has time to keep up with and carry around a stick? I'm sure they have more pressing matters like football and family. I think they'd better appreciate you buying merchandise so the Falcons keep handing out this bog boy pay checks, and building nice player accomadations. Notice when the player of the game is awarded, a truck or some kind of really nice award goes with it. If it weren't for the award, they could care less.

Well aren't you Debbie Downer.

Been gone for a while. Supes still has the original stick. It was stopped due to lack of fan support and the team didn't really care. I have heard it's possible that we might try and do it again, but it would be one player a year. Sort of like a MVP of the team voted on by the fans.

Been gone for a while. Supes still has the original stick. It was stopped due to lack of fan support and the team didn't really care. I have heard it's possible that we might try and do it again, but it would be one player a year. Sort of like a MVP of the team voted on by the fans.

I thought I remembered that the team didn't like the connotations of violence? I seem to remember some commenting afterwards about how Freddie Falcon did a skit where he beat up some other mascot and TATF noted the dubious moral equivalency.

I thought I remembered that the team didn't like the connotations of violence? I seem to remember some commenting afterwards about how Freddie Falcon did a skit where he beat up some other mascot and TATF noted the dubious moral equivalency.

Yepp.

Mike smiths soft batch aura was at odds with hickory stick. It "condoned" violence.

I think the player acted like they enjoyed it because a camera was pointed at them. I'd be willing to bet that they thought it was corny.

You'd lose the bet, Poker "Pro". I know for a fact that the players did enjoy it and got a kick out of it. All of them except maybe Gonzo. He didn't seem particularly interested.

I pulled the plug on the HSA because of lack of fan support. If the Falcons lost a game, nobody would vote and that was the Achilles heel of the Hick'ry Stick Award. I understood it, I got it, and with all of the work involved from me, Gritz and BCEagle, it just wasn't worth it anymore. That's the reason and the only reason why there is no more HSA. But we had fun while it lasted. "Fun" is something you should look into, Poker Pro. You sound like you could use some.

You'd lose the bet, Poker "Pro". I know for a fact that the players did enjoy it and got a kick out of it. All of them except maybe Gonzo. He didn't seem particularly interested.

I pulled the plug on the HSA because of lack of fan support. If the Falcons lost a game, nobody would vote and that was the Achilles heel of the Hick'ry Stick Award. I understood it, I got it, and with all of the work involved from me, Gritz and BCEagle, it just wasn't worth it anymore. That's the reason and the only reason why there is no more HSA. But we had fun while it lasted. "Fun" is something you should look into, Poker Pro. You sound like you could use some.

TOLD YOU GUYS SO! :lol:

(It had to be done. lol)

I'm fairly new to posting here but never heard of this before. Seems like a fun thing to have around here.

It was a thing of beauty. Supes made a solid big club out of a piece of "hick'ry" that was stained and had a leather wrapped grip. BCeagle used to do a really nice write up after each game for the top MVP and we would vote weekly and then award quarterly.

Then Supes or Gritz would draw up a cool certificate to give to the player saying they won the hick'ry stick for the quarter and would include some of BC's write up.

I loved the award, it was a cool and unique way to reach out to the players

Brent Grimes even mentioned to me on Twitter a few months ago how much it meant to him and how he still has the portrait that accompanied it. So not only is this Poker Guy guy wrong...he's "extremely" wrong.

As we all know Grimes is a Dolphin now and for him to still treasure something that was a part of the Hickory Stick Award tells me what most players thought of it.

I think the reason Gonzo didn't particularly care for it is because he already had a stick....firmly lodged up his butt.

Then Supes or Gritz would draw up a cool certificate to give to the player saying they won the hick'ry stick for the quarter and would include some of BC's write up.

I actually did a portrait of each winner to go with the award.

Sorry, I couldn't remember who drew up that certificate between the two of you. It was really impressive, I just saw it again on the link I posted.

No biggie my brother.

Man that dude has been a dooshbag since day 1 ....I got an idea, send the HS to tuggle for cleaning up the boards !

As Tuggle has said, I still have the original Hick'ry Stick. It has graced the hands and lockers of Roddy White, Matt Ryan, Gonzo, Corey Peters, Brent Grimes and several others I forget. The Stick just lays around the house these days, retired, with nothing to do but be a stick. laugh.png I'm thinking it needs a proper home and we may do that when the Falcons bring home a Lombardi. We can get the band back together, so to speak, and present it to the MVP of that game to keep forever. I'd like that! What do the rest of y'all think?

As Tuggle has said, I still have the original Hick'ry Stick. It has graced the hands and lockers of Roddy White, Matt Ryan, Gonzo, Corey Peters, Brent Grimes and several others I forget. The Stick just lays around the house these days, retired, with nothing to do but be a stick. laugh.png I'm thinking it needs a proper home and we may do that when the Falcons bring home a Lombardi. We can get the band back together, so to speak, and present it to the MVP of that game to keep forever. I'd like that! What do the rest of y'all think?

Nah, send it to Tuggle ....If you waiting on a Lombardi they may have to bury it with you bro ....laugh.png

I'd like to see it permanently grace the halls of flowery branch, hanging directly over the Lombardi trophy in it's beautiful display case, with a portrait of our Super Bowl MVP or Falco after battle, standing over the downed and broken opponent at the 50 yard line, "Falcons Super Bowl Champs" scrolling across the stadium LED banner, with a bubble saying "This Lombardi belongs to me." I vote this as the resting place for ol hick'ry. Permanently in display with the Lombardi for all future Falcons to witness and behold.

Well, I aint getting no younger ....these boyz need to chit or get off the pot ....sad.png

Been a fan since the beginning,...1966. I was 13 years old. Do the math.....ohmy.png

The best virtue a Falcons fan can have is patience. They say patience pays, but maybe I'll have a special coffin designed for me and the Stick just in case it doesn't! laugh.png