Yates Said F All Yall Haters

I automate processes for a living. Believe me, there is more going on simultaneously in a factory than there is on a football field. Nobody cuts me the same slack that you're cutting Yates, and in real life... you wouldn't expect them to. A pro should perform like a pro.

The guy got traded to a different team in the middle of the off-season. As the qb of an nfl team, it's like trying to learn a different language in 2 weeks. Quarterback is a highly specialized occupation. Comparing your office job to it is ridiculous.

pretty sure anyone can look good against the 2nd string of the jags

Again, he's played against the same level of 2nd stringers since he's been here.

Just look at how he played for UNC especially in 2010. Up, down, up, down, up, down, etc.

Like I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, he kind if reminds me of Jake Delhomme. One game he looks like a HOF QB, but then the next you are trying to figure out how he even made the team.

Yates looked good for second string .... Renfree has as well ... Since we did make a trade for Yates I think he will get the back up spot but he looked bad last week ...

Renfree was a draftpick and Yates was a trade pickup. I dont think it validates your point of kepping Yates. Ultimately we could keep three or try to slip Renfree to the PS. If it were me I would keep Renfree as he seems to profile better as a backup due to his consistency.

Nice to see Yates having a good game. Heck, all of those guys are ballin tonight. Gonna be tough at cut time.

From 75 down to 53. Even knowing some will go on the 10-man PS, that's a lot of bodies out the door. Somehow I have the distinct feeling I'm going to have serious disagreements with who they keep and who they cut.

Man I should of merged all these threads so I didn't have to keep repeating myself. ^_^

I think it is pretty obvious that Smith chooses Yates as the Falcons backup QB. He likes his veterans and the extra work that guys like Ryan put in with Yates definitely showed in this game. Mr Yates looked a lot more comfortable out there and didn't look like a deer caught in headlights. He showed some actual poise this game and that translated into him making some nice plays. If all else fails and we do end up needing him to play some this year and he himself fails all we have to do is bring up Renfree from the PS. It's the backup QB position, Ryan needs to stay healthy so all this guy will be doing is holding a clipboard anyway.

Guest fibonacci

What do I have to say? "BOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!!!!"

about time? How long do you think it should take for a guy who didn't even get to see a playbook until after the start of camp.

You do know a qb has to learn a lot, right? I'll give you a geometry book after you get done with learning algebra and see how long it takes you.

It was a sick toss to go with a strong overall performance. At the very least we can feel confident he can run this offense if need be. Passes like that would be a nice occasional bonus.

Homer Talk Incoming:

I like to see that ability from our possible backup QB. I hope that we see a lot of him this season and not because Matt Ryan is injured in anyway. I hope we see him because we're thrashing teams so badly we take Matt Ryan out to protect him. tongue.png

Homer Talk Incoming:

I like to see that ability from our possible backup QB. I hope that we see a lot of him this season and not because Matt Ryan is injured in anyway. I hope we see him because we're thrashing teams so badly we take Matt Ryan out to protect him. tongue.png

Yep, say he's coming in to mop up early, early in the 4th period of our first 12 or 13 games. Possible win-win. ijs.