4Th Down And One Yard To Go And Mike Smith Does What?

slewis1952

I see SJax getting that 1st down...maybe even Freeman

Then you did not watch the play.

Jesus. This irritates all of us (the 4th & 1 problems), but it is important that we know what the problem is.

Quizz got the hand off and was immediately surrounded by multiple, unblocked defenders, that came off the edge. Note that the o-line did get about 1 yard's worth of push.

Play call was the problem. Not quizz, and not the line.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. This irritates all of us (the 4th & 1 problems), but it is important that we know what the problem is.

Quizz got the hand off and was immediately surrounded by multiple, unblocked defenders, that came off the edge. Note that the o-line did get about 1 yard's worth of push.

Play call was the problem. Not quizz, and not the line. Thanks

I gave Mike Smith the benefit of a doubt and assumed that he was using this play as a test to see how much push the line would have in that situation. I don't have a problem with him doing that in preseason. Now I hope that we don't see this play again this year.

Play call was the problem. Not quizz, and not the line.

its never just one thing bro...

We are not going to tip our hand and try something different. Plus at the end of the day if you need 1 tough yard you need to be able to get it.

LOL. C'mon. bruh. Mike Smith and his dawg Koetter NEVER DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT. Pre-season, regular season, post season, all the same ~ 4th and 1 we ALWAYS RUN up the middle, and we do it using our standard-cadence snap count so the defense can stack up and pounce in perfect unison with the ball touching the QB's hands. Stupid, stupid, stupid. In critical in-game situations, Mike Smith and his offensive coordinator are the absolute worst in football at figuring out what to do to get a yard, or a first down, or, god forbid, a TD.

What makes it so bad is the fact that this exact scenario has already played out in the regular season and the playoffs quite a few times,and guess what the result was each time ?

The Smith **** swingers have very selective memories. Don't bother confronting them with reality, they get all whiney and upset.

This is the very same conversation we have had for 8 seasons now. And still Smitty boy tries the very same crap play to get 1 yard and fails miserably. Of course, it's never his fault. We just need to execute. I'm all for execution, and it starts with Smitty!

LOL. C'mon. bruh. Mike Smith and his dawg Koetter NEVER DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT. Pre-season, regular season, post season, all the same ~ 4th and 1 we ALWAYS RUN up the middle, and we do it using our standard-cadence snap count so the defense can stack up and pounce in perfect unison with the ball touching the QB's hands. Stupid, stupid, stupid. In critical in-game situations, Mike Smith and his offensive coordinator are the absolute worst in football at figuring out what to do to get a yard, or a first down, or, god forbid, a TD.

lol...kool aid drunk

This is the very same conversation we have had for 8 seasons now. And still Smitty boy tries the very same crap play to get 1 yard and fails miserably. Of course, it's never his fault. We just need to execute. I'm all for execution, and it starts with Smitty!

Stammer!!! Stick around, its never ANYONE'S fault...

the not showing your hand in preseason crowd still going strong.

Not showing your hand in preseason aka we'll see the same dumb boring crap in regular season and skirt by and blow leads in games for another year

but but but we've neverrrrrrr had back 2 back winning seasons and Smith has done that ZzZzZZzzzZZZzz

I watched the game last night so I have a bit more to go on.

Frankly, this was a spot where a QB sneak is the obvious play...and I'm very disappointed we didn't try that.

You're looking to pick up about a foot. Rather than turn that foot into 3.5 yards, you sneak it. The Patriots have been doing this for years with a success rate of approximately 85%.

I thought the OL got pretty decent push given the situation. However, by calling that particular play, it allowed the titans edge players to penetrate into the backfield when they sold out for the run. Which makes sense given that they've got the numbers in that situation.

The play was blocked decently enough for a QB sneak. When you're talking less than a yard, a sneak should be your 1st, 2nd and 3rd option.

The Smith **** swingers have very selective memories. Don't bother confronting them with reality, they get all whiney and upset.

And the Smith haters have their own selective memories. Falcons picked up a 3rd and 1 earlier in the same game. Haters get all upset when you point out their bias as well.

Frankly, this was a spot where a QB sneak is the obvious play...and I'm very disappointed we didn't try that.

And, if Ryan tears up his knee in preseason, people would raise cane about that. Smith basically can't win.

Do agree I'd like to see sneaks in that situation- it may be we'll see that now with a younger center and better guard play.

I can't believe some of you grown men are acting like little girls. My god one play in preseason and you lose your mind. If you watch the play the line got the push, right? OK, well if that it is the case then the running back should have obtained the first down right? So this was not a bad play call! I don't think this is true but if anyone should be hammered by this play it is Quizz. Several people in this thread have said it time and time again. If it were "insert name of RB here" he would have made it! so what does that tell you? If anybody was to blame on that play it was Quizz but some of you don't like Smitty and that is OK. However just say that don't make **** up and portray it like it is an actual football conversation. So many people with so many agendas trying to make it look like facts. WATCH THE TAPE THEN SPEAK!

You're looking to pick up about a foot. Rather than turn that foot into 3.5 yards, you sneak it. The Patriots have been doing this for years with a success rate of approximately 85%.

I thought the OL got pretty decent push given the situation. However, by calling that particular play, it allowed the titans edge players to penetrate into the backfield when they sold out for the run. Which makes sense given that they've got the numbers in that situation.

The play was blocked decently enough for a QB sneak. When you're talking less than a yard, a sneak should be your 1st, 2nd and 3rd option.

That is why i liked the call.

I just did not like the formation, Had we had a TE or someone to block the right side edge rusher we would have picked it up easily.

If we can get that push all the time in the middle we are going to be in good shape.

And the Smith haters have their own selective memories. Falcons picked up a 3rd and 1 earlier in the same game. Haters get all upset when you point out their bias as well.

And, if Ryan tears up his knee in preseason, people would raise cane about that. Smith basically can't win.

Do agree I'd like to see sneaks in that situation- it may be we'll see that now with a younger center and better guard play.

1) Ryan isnt going to tear his knee up on a QB sneak.

2) If he did, anyone getting upset would be incorrect in doing so.

I would have been disappointed if we didn't try that play. If you're not going to try the plays that you need extra work in running during the preseason, what are you trying to do? We've had trouble getting one yard for years, you have to try it with your new Line in the preseason. Some of you guys would just rather we never run the ball it seems.

I would have been disappointed if we didn't try that play. If you're not going to try the plays that you need extra work in running during the preseason, what are you trying to do? We've had trouble getting one yard for years, you have to try it with your new Line in the preseason. Some of you guys would just rather we never run the ball it seems.

Because we try the same thing expecting different results!