Pff Grades Overview

damo9000

Overall the left side of the line struggled in the run game, but the entire starting line graded positive in pass plays with Lamar Holmes and Jake Matthews tying for the highest pass block grades with a +1.4. Run blocking on the left was graded poorly with both Matthews and Blalock grading in the red at (-2.8 and -3.3 respectively) Other scores of note include:

Top five Offensive scores

1) Julio Jone +1.5

2) Devin Hester +1.1

3) Bear Pascoe +1.1

4) Matt Ryan +1.0

5) Jon Asamoah +.9

Bottom 3

1) Levine Toilolo -2.9

2) Roddy White -2.6

3) Justin Blalock -2.4

Top 5 Defensive

1) Dwight Lowery +1.8

2) Stansly Maponga +1.5

3) Paul Soliai +1.4

4) Paul Worrilow +1.4

5) Pat Angerer +1.3

Bottom 3 Defensive

1) Rashede Hageman -3.8

2) Desmond Trufant -1.9

3) Jacques Smith -1.9

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving hageman a -3.8 shows why PFF is a joke.

I literally just finished watching a condensed version of the game ( pm me if you want as i will be uploading it)

and hageman looked solid all night., he was bullish at the point off attack and did not give much ground at all.

He was not perfect, but to give him a negative grade shows how clueless they are.

I literally just finished watching a condensed version of the game ( pm me if you want as i will be uploading it)

and hageman looked solid all night., he was bullish at the point off attack and did not give much ground at all.

He was not perfect, but to give him a negative grade shows how clueless they are.

He probably does have a highlight clip worth of things he did well, but, if you watch the full game and focus in on him - esp 4th quarter when it seemed to be tired... he played with less urgency than everyone else on the team.

He probably does have a highlight clip worth of things he did well, but, if you watch the full game and focus in on him - esp 4th quarter when it seemed to be tired... he played with less urgency than everyone else on the team.

He did get tired towards the end of the game, but that was the entire defense.......... they all were gassed by the penalties keeping them on the field and the sucky play of yates continuing to go 3 and out

They graded pretty tough last night compared to the other two games. Holmes had a +1.4 pass blocking grade but a -.8 run blocking grade. He ended up +.8 overall. He was +1.4 overall against the Texans and I thought he had a better game this week.

Thus is why I take PFF ratings with a grain of salt. Remember this is the same site that graded our line the 7th best in pass protection last year.

Pretty sure they graded the falcons as seventh in adjusted sack ratio which has as much, or more, to do with the QB getting the ball out as it does with the o line's effectiveness.

Agreed guy was getting a push and was routinely double teamed

I'm very surprised that Angerer got a positive grade and that Hageman got a negative grade.

Another reason why I think this type of number crunching is B.S..

Another bunch of stupid a$$ nerds who think numbers can tell the whole story.

Losers.

um why are u using "nerd" as a derogatory? afraid of science? believe of voodoo?

No.

But I get an image of Sheldon, Leonard, Howard, and Raj sitting around in the apartment telling Penny "Your team may have won 28-6, but according to our computations, they sucked". To which Penny replies "Scoreboard, bi+ches!"

Edited by Keith