Ryan Is Going To Make Hester Better

Gnorts

It is going to be interesting to see what happens to Hester with someone like Ryan throwing him the ball.

Thoughts?

This is why a lot of receivers who put up gaudy numbers catching passes from Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc . . . Get big contracts with other teams and are very underwhelming. The QB makes all the difference in the world.

Julio and Roddy will make Hester better. Blaming Cutler for the Bears trying to turn a #3 WR into a #1 is stupid. He's not the best QB in the NFL but it's not like he's some bum like Matt Cassel or [pick your favorite Raider].

Julio and Roddy will make Hester better. Blaming Cutler for the Bears trying to turn a #3 WR into a #1 is stupid. He's not the best QB in the NFL but it's not like he's some bum like Matt Cassel or [pick your favorite Raider].

This is what I was excited about when I heard we signed Hester. Not only what Matt Ryan might do with him but more importantly what Hester could accomplish simply stretching the field for guys like Julio, Roddy and HD. Somewhere in that secondary on nearly every play there's probably going to be a mismatch.

Hester and Ryan are a great combo. I hear ken you back to the days of the greatest show on turf. Everyone remembers Faulk, holt and bruce but perhaps one of the greatest igniters on that team was az hakim--explosive YAC guy. Ryan like warner is deadly accurate on short routes and processes information quickly. Hester like hakim--and possibly better--is explosive in space.

Hakim was never the same as the number 1 or 2 guy in Detroit. He was best with rams with two studs--think Roddy and JJ, rbs who could catch and getting dump offs 40-50 times a year.

Mannnnn, I was just talking 2 my Bears fan friend bout this very same thing. I compared it 2 Vick and Roddy...how it looked liked Roddy couldn't catch a cold from Vick but has been money since hooking up with the Iceman. I think when some QBs hv such strong arms they time things diff cause they THINK with their strong azz arm they can circumvent the usual timing and get the ball there in a split sec at the last sec and it throws the rcvr of f and when the rcvr drops the pass all WE see is just that, the rcvr dropping the pass not the QB throwing the pass a split sec or two too late. I agree, I believe the Iceman is better in that category, throwing the ball when Hester expects it 2 be there, instead of the cocky azz QB with strong arm trying 2 put it there when he thinks it should get there. So yea, Hester might just surprise a lot of folks this season cause of just that...LOOK OUT!

Edited by The Vent King

Hester and HD are matching up against other teams 3rd and 4th CB's without any Safety help. Julio and Roddy are going to get all of the attention, as they always have. It's going to create problems for almost any defense out there. I created a separate thread a while back about how much speed we have on defense, and it was apparent last night.

Think about this for a second. The Titans pass defense only gave up 15 TD's to 13 INT's through the entire last season, and 225.8 passing yards per game. Ryan had 224 yards with 2 TD's in the first half. If we stay healthy and our OL holds up, we are going to be really **** good.