How Much Of A Lead Before Halftime Will Make You Comfortable?

falcons4life

Yeah right,at least look like a professional team,not lost puppies.Can Holmes handle RT? Can we get a pass rush?Can the secondary not blow 4 or 5 coverages?Will special teams look like special ed.?Can Smitty make "adjustments"? I don't care so much about the score just show some competence.

throw in a couple more:

can the defense not make a slow 'time his 40 time with the calendar' QB look like the new world record holding speedster

and

will we have ANY ability to stop any kind of pass over the middle of the field

I'm just hoping the Falcons 1st teamers aren't getting blown out. Even though this is the 3rd preseason game and the starters see more action, there is still not a real game plan in place. Even Bellichek says you can't game plan with 90 guys on the roster. Also, we had problems facing Jake Locker last year. Locker is fighting to keep his job now too. All I'm hoping to see is some competency on both sides of the ball. The defense should not come out looking confused and playing lost like they've been doing. If I see that again then I will know for certain that Nolan sucks. This is not a game that anyone here should think the Falcons should just win. The Titans are the better team right now if you look at last years records.

Edited by 4dabirds

Yeah right,at least look like a professional team,not lost puppies.Can Holmes handle RT? Can we get a pass rush?Can the secondary not blow 4 or 5 coverages?Will special teams look like special ed.?Can Smitty make "adjustments"? I don't care so much about the score just show some competence.

^^^ Good post.

Being up 75 by halftime would stink, ukfalc.

Nobody wants to be the team who blew a 75 point halftime lead.

Ain't that the truth. I can see us getting to and losing the SuperBowl after leading going into the half by 50. That would pretty much sum up what we have been.

We practiced for a few days against these guys. What I'd like to see is the ability to recognize something they saw in practice and respond to the same set/formation/situation on the field.

We saw it last week, on the Texans' first drive. On third down, I saw the MLB recognize the play from practice, call the correct defense and stuff that third down play. I want to see more of that, which will tell me that the team's leaders have the ability to watch tape, read and recognize other teams' plays and tendencies, and be in position to stop them.

This is a major part of championship football... transferring the meeting rooms to the field.

We practiced for a few days against these guys. What I'd like to see is the ability to recognize something they saw in practice and respond to the same set/formation/situation on the field.

We saw it last week, on the Texans' first drive. On third down, I saw the MLB recognize the play from practice, call the correct defense and stuff that third down play. I want to see more of that, which will tell me that the team's leaders have the ability to watch tape, read and recognize other teams' plays and tendencies, and be in position to stop them.

This is a major part of championship football... transferring the meeting rooms to the field.

absolutely correct, post may just be leading and it's half time..............