Do You Really Feel The Team We Are About To Put On The Field Is Capable...

This team so far looks like 8 or 9 wins,thats not usually good enough for the playoffs.I was more optimistic before the Houston game.I know its just preseason,no game plan,no scheme blah blah blah....but Baker is done(not his fault) who is the new RT ?Holmes yikes! And also who is making plays on D,impact plays ,not just empty stat tackles ,unless we look. .a helavalot better against the Titans, looks like a mediocre season imho

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a 500 team at best . This team has more holes than originally thought , the lines on both sides are still in flux and it's going to take more than one guy to turn it around . It's seems TD keeps trying to patch it with sub par personal and that's not going to get it done . It could be a long year and painful to watch at times but time will tell .

We're plenty skilled enough to get to the playoffs. And if we can get to the playoffs we have as good a chance as any of making the SB. Except for last year pretty near every SB winner in recent memory hasn't been considered the best team in their conference when they hit the playoffs, let alone during preseason. It's just about who gets hot or who gets lucky for those couple playoff games. Nobody thought the Giants would win the SB, either of the recent times they have. Baltimore certainly wasn't expected to get to the SB. Saying it's impossible is either just being guarded or having short memory.

The OL is shaky, WR's need to drop less, the edge rush isn't there at all, the interior rush isn't as consistent as some are making it to be, there is no coverage over the middle, no FS, ST's can't cover or block well on returns...

So, it's pretty much last year all over again. Same problems & likely same result.

True, but we did still have both Abe and Turner. Regardless of what, Turner did get us 11 TD's, called for 8 in the box, and allowed for playactions.

Yeah we're weaker in some spots no doubt, stronger in some too though. Really i'm not even saying we'll do well, it just seems like people kind of forget we had a bad O-line and defense for years and we've done alright. You don't really need a great team like the Seahawks to do well. (Though it does help, admittedly)

2012?

Pretty sure we had a HOF TE & it's one of the two years out of seven that Baker actually played all 16 games. On the right side, Clabo hadn't totally fallen off yet either. Julio & Roddy played nearly every game. Spoon only missed 3 games instead of his usual 8 or more. Heck, even Decoud was a beast that year with 6 INTs.

Come to think of it, 2012 seems nothing like last year at all really. Not sure what you were thinking about, honestly.

well we know quizz cant do that, but can freeman? Im counting on sjax getting injured again

Yeah we're weaker in some spots no doubt, stronger in some too though. Really i'm not even saying we'll do well, it just seems like people kind of forget we had a bad O-line and defense for years and we've done alright. You don't really need a great team like the Seahawks to do well. (Though it does help, admittedly)

I don't know what to think. I know it looks like they aren't trying at times. It annoys me to tell the truth. I can deal with a bad losing season, I hate what looks like a lack of effort.

2012?

Pretty sure we had a HOF TE & it's one of the two years out of seven that Baker actually played all 16 games. On the right side, Clabo hadn't totally fallen off yet either. Julio & Roddy played nearly every game. Spoon only missed 3 games instead of his usual 8 or more. Heck, even Decoud was a beast that year with 6 INTs.

Come to think of it, 2012 seems nothing like last year at all really. Not sure what you were thinking about, honestly.

Matthews can be as good as baker, we don't know yet. RG is much improved, and Clabo was absolutely atrocious that year, you're not remembering right. Holmes is better than he was.

TG was great but JJ has improved a lot since that year, plus TG hurt our run game, it'll wash out. Decoud was Decoud, he caught badly thrown balls, any FS could do that. That's all about luck, and luck doesn't require skill.

We're worse in a few areas, better in more places than that. Passrush is still a problem. O-Line is still questionable. ST is still bad. LB's coverage isn't any worse. Running game might be better, might be worse, who knows.

Edited by Lornoth

Matthews can be as good as baker, we don't know yet. RG is much improved, and Clabo was absolutely atrocious that year, you're not remembering right. Holmes is better than he was.

TG was great but JJ has improved a lot since that year, plus TG hurt our run game, it'll wash out. Decoud was Decoud, he caught badly thrown balls, any FS could do that. That's all about luck, and luck doesn't require skill.

We're worse in a few areas, better in more places than that. Passrush is still a problem. O-Line is still questionable. ST is still bad. LB's coverage isn't any worse. Running game might be better, might be worse, who knows.

Honestly, I think the biggest difference is that back then, these players still acted like they believed in this team, Smitty, etc.

These days, not so much.