When Psl's Hit I'm Out After 16 Years

i feel veerrrryy fortunate to sit home and order SUNDAY TICKET... and you're complaining thatyou may not be able to afford something higher than your already $3,000 seats.

Serious now. We being serious??

i'm a nurse with a stay at home mom wife due to her having baby #2 on the way, struggling to get Sunday ticket... and you COMPLAIN that you may have to drop your $3,000 seats.

Wow..

I'm not going to flop down 5 to 15 thousand (or whatever Blank decides) to have the right to buy tx for the new stadium. Some rumors have it high as 20 to 25 thousand for prime seats. It wasn't till my kids were grown and out of the house that I was able to afford season tx. So I know what it was to struggle. Edited by big_dog
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel veerrrryy fortunate to sit home and order SUNDAY TICKET... and you're complaining that you may not be able to afford something higher than your already $3,000 seats.

Serious now. We being serious??

i'm a nurse with a stay at home mom wife due to her having baby #2 on the way, struggling to get Sunday ticket... and you COMPLAIN that you may have to drop your $3,000 seats..

Wow...

Don't assume. People are in different parts of their lives and make different life decisions to get where they are at. Obviously, you and your wife decided it would be best for your kids for her to stay home and you're making the sacrifice, others do different things. It's ok, it's part of life. Maybe Big_dog sacrificed trips to see his family to get those tickets, you don't know, and there probably was a time where he was in your boat. I think most of us have been there. It doesn't make you any less of a fan than him.

I get season tickets now and it's not bad, but that's because I'm single and have extra cash to do this. If I had a stay at home wife with 2 kids, I couldn't do this probably and I would complain a little, but it's a sacrifice worth making. Such is life.

I've had 2 season tickets for thirty years but i'm not paying a dime for PSLs for the right to continue to buy tickets. I feel Ive supported the team for 30 years and if that doesn't give me the righjt to contnue to buy tickets, then I will quit

The commonality is those are northern teams and the weather is cold and generally sucks up north--down south we are outside year round (well most of the year anyway)

Arthur is a billionaire according to the AJC so why is charging for PSL's in the first place---thanks Arthur

It's sad, but as you grow older and wiser, you'll begin to realize that all super-rich people are greedy, money-worshiping D-heads obsessed with trying to get their grubby paws on every last penny on the planet that belongs to anyone else.

Don't assume. People are in different parts of their lives and make different life decisions to get where they are at. Obviously, you and your wife decided it would be best for your kids for her to stay home and you're making the sacrifice, others do different things. It's ok, it's part of life. Maybe Big_dog sacrificed trips to see his family to get those tickets, you don't know, and there probably was a time where he was in your boat. I think most of us have been there. It doesn't make you any less of a fan than him.

I get season tickets now and it's not bad, but that's because I'm single and have extra cash to do this. If I had a stay at home wife with 2 kids, I couldn't do this probably and I would complain a little, but it's a sacrifice worth making. Such is life.

The truth, plain and simple.

From what I have seen, a lot of working/middle class folks sacrifice disposable income to have lower level seats. It's their money and their decision. I expect PSLs will flush those fans out of the lower level and possibly the upper level sidelines. Blank will be creating a class system in his new stadium- wealthy and corporate in the better seats and the average Joe in the nosebleeds.

I don't think the scalpers are going to take up all the slack. A PSL is a big investment beyond paying for the tickets in the hope of making a profit. That could increase the possibility of blackouts, making those 60-inch TVs and Sunday Ticket worthless for home games.

One big question is, exactly what rights are available with a PSL? Do you have the right to those seats for everything that comes to the stadium (SEC, concerts, etc.,) or just Falcons tickets?

Literally nobody cares that you won't be renewing your season tickets.

Maybe you should feel fortunate to have been able to be a STH for 16 years.

Should every person that couldn't afford regular season tickets come here crying about it?

I believe the point was that he's being priced out of the tickets that he could have afforded. If you aren't a season ticket holder nothing is pricing you out. You just can't afford them. So no, they shouldn't come crying about the fact that season tickets are too expensive.

Big_dog I understand where you're coming from. I've had season tickets since '98...it has been my only vice...a little reward to myself for busting my *** day in and day out in my business. I always enjoyed when the new set of season tickets arrived in late July because I would get to see how much closer to the 50 I had moved.

By 2010, I was sitting on the 42. Brent Grimes wife sat right behind me....she's actually very nice in person. It was great fun owning those seats and taking friends and family. It's an experience, going to the game...the tailgating, the camaraderie, the cutting up, the escape from the stresses around you. It's fun and completely different from sitting on the couch. I would think that many who stress how nice their couch and big screen are, would also rarely turn down a chance to be at the game in person. It's a well earned reward for those of us who have been blessed to be lucky in life.

Well, luck has to run out sometime. The crash mortally wounded my business and the end finally came in 2012. It sucked, but life goes on. Everyone in my family is healthy and happy...we just have a whole lot less money than before. I gave up my tickets in Sec 116.....and picked up a couple in Sec 335. And you know what, I still have an amazing time on game day. The view is a bit different, but the people are good as gold and the beer is still the same, crazy price. Don't worry if you end up parting with your current amazing seats...you can still have a great time, and save a whole lot of money.

Big_dog I understand where you're coming from. I've had season tickets since '98...it has been my only vice...a little reward to myself for busting my *** day in and day out in my business. I always enjoyed when the new set of season tickets arrived in late July because I would get to see how much closer to the 50 I had moved.

By 2010, I was sitting on the 42. Brent Grimes wife sat right behind me....she's actually very nice in person. It was great fun owning those seats and taking friends and family. It's an experience, going to the game...the tailgating, the camaraderie, the cutting up, the escape from the stresses around you. It's fun and completely different from sitting on the couch. I would think that many who stress how nice their couch and big screen are, would also rarely turn down a chance to be at the game in person. It's a well earned reward for those of us who have been blessed to be lucky in life.

Well, luck has to run out sometime. The crash mortally wounded my business and the end finally came in 2012. It sucked, but life goes on. Everyone in my family is healthy and happy...we just have a whole lot less money than before. I gave up my tickets in Sec 116.....and picked up a couple in Sec 335. And you know what, I still have an amazing time on game day. The view is a bit different, but the people are good as gold and the beer is still the same, crazy price. Don't worry if you end up parting with your current amazing seats...you can still have a great time, and save a whole lot of money.

the same view you get from section 335 is the same exact view those of us who are less fortunate get from our televisions. Outside of doing all those activities outside of the dome and the things you don't see during commercial breaks, you can have just as much excitement at your home with friends and you save a whole lot of cash. A lot of people only need the game itself to get them excited.

This a perpetual cycle that has been going on long before PSL's, and will continue long after they have been instituted. People reach a point for any number of reasons and decide that's enough. Others will decide it's time and buy never having known what it was to have season tickets without a PSL.

I personally don't like the PSL, but I don't believe it will lead to an empty stadium if future Falcons teams are contenders, besides some of what I have read suggests that the revenue model for the league may de-emphasize the traditional model in favor of television and internet viewing revenue, so it may not matter as much if stadiums aren't as filled as in the past.

the same view you get from section 335 is the same exact view those of us who are less fortunate get from our televisions. Outside of doing all those activities outside of the dome and the things you don't see during commercial breaks, you can have just as much excitement at your home with friends and you save a whole lot of cash. A lot of people only need the game itself to get them excited.

I think to simpliy what I was trying to get across to Big_Dog, if you love the game day experience, in and around the Dome, or whatever it will be called in 2017, you'll love it no matter whether your sitting in Lower Prime or Upper Endzone.

Just as you do, ya_boi_j, while sitting at home with friends.

As an aside, i was paying mid $30 for lower level corner seats in the late 90s to early 2000s, whereas I pay $39 per game for Upper Endzone now. $780 per year for two seats isn't too bad at all to have as much fun as I currently have....Of course, it's much better when we win...:-0

Both have their advantages but trust me, there aint nothing like being in that Dome with 70K. Weren't you sitting behind me and Falconidae at the 2012 ARI game? That game sucked in person. It had to suck more on TV.

Both have their advantages but trust me, there aint nothing like being in that Dome with 70K. Weren't you sitting behind me and Falconidae at the 2012 ARI game? That game sucked in person. It had to suck more on TV.

**** straight FFS1970, the best atmosphere for a game, to me at least, is either a huge prime time night game, or a home playoff game. While I think I've only witnessed three home playoff wins over the time i've had my tickets, those are games where the Dome has been rocking like you wouldn't believe. I remember in 1998, we snuck by San Francisco to get to Minnesota. We were fortunate that Garrison Heast broke his ankle in the first quarter. In 2004, we killed St. Louis, with the most lopsided rushing yards to passing yards ever in my mind. And then finally, Seattle two years ago. A game that we were lucky to win, but it was still a **** of a lot of fun.

My biggest problem with the way it seems the Falcons are going to do it is STHs are not getting the true benefit of a personal seat license. A PSL had worthy value when it gives the buyer a chance to buy tix for their seat to other events. Absent that perk, a PSL is just a spike in prices. A STH already has a chance to renew their same seats for the next season, that isn't a PSL added value.