My Car Engine Block Cracked Today :(

Time to buy a used car for less than 5k!

Had this car for 11 years and 226k miles. She will be missed.

#feels sad.png

I have known of a few people that didn't want to part with their old vehicle. In two of those cases I was surprised to learn that they replaced their engines for somewhere around $900-$1000.

Maybe you particular engine can't be replace for that amount, but if you are otherwise happy with that car it could end up costing much less than $5k.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known of a few people that didn't want to part with their old vehicle. In two of those cases I was surprised to learn that they replaced their engines for somewhere around $900-$1000.

Maybe you particular engine can't be replace for that amount, but if you are otherwise happy with that car it could end up costing much less than $5k.

If you like the car and the tranny is good...not the gal from Hangover 2...then replacing the engine is usually an excellent choice. Though 1000 is about the cost of the motor without labor. Even so, you have a good car with a perfect engine...you could spend 10k and not be assured of that.

If you like the car and the tranny is good...not the gal from Hangover 2...then replacing the engine is usually an excellent choice. Though 1000 is about the cost of the motor without labor. Even so, you have a good car with a perfect engine...you could spend 10k and not be assured of that.

On one of the cases the $900 was parts and labor, but it was maybe six years ago.

Recommend anything from here less than 6k

http://m.dsscars.com...lpublicauction/

The safest bets on the list are going to be the Acura MDX's (the black one looks pretty good). Stay away from the older German makes.

Edit: another thing. Does that auction allow you to look over the vehicles first? If so, take a mechanic with you when you go!