First Post - The Future

Hey, everyone. I had always viewed these forums but I never posted a topic of my own. I wasn't ever able to post a topic, but now that I am, I wanna introduce myself to you guys. I go on these forums everyday so I guess it's only fitting. Well my name is Chris but you could call me Kurtzyy or Kurtz (last name is Kurtz). I'm 19 years old, born and raised in New York as a diehard Falcons fan. Anyways, I wanna give my two cents on what I see as a positive in an otherwise rocky offseason.

This season is a season of the future. There has never been a more important season for this current regime than this one. This very season is the future of the Falcons. Think about it. Mike Smith and TD are on an awfully warm seat. Baker may never represent the Atlanta Falcons ever again. Jake Matthews may be moving to his LT spot quicker than most expected. The signing of Sjax is becoming a distant memory with Freeman bursting (literally) onto the scene. I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited, scared, and really interested to see where this season takes us. The one positive about all of this potential change is who we have. We have arguably the best receiver in franchise history in Roddy White. We have, in my mind, the best QB to ever strap on a Falcons uniform in his prime. In a year that may bring much change, you gotta learn to cherish what you have on your roster. No matter what potential changes happen to the staff and roster, I'm glad we have veterans like Ryan and White leading the way. In a few years, Ryan will take White's role as that older vet and Julio will be near Ryan's age. In an era of change, I'm glad we have some consistencies in place. Let's Rise Up for 2014 and beyond!

Great post for you're 1st thread.

Thanks! I just wanted to bring some optimism here. I keep reading posts about how apocalyptic our season will be (and a lot of those posts are justified), but it's times like these that Falcons fans should be most unified. Times like these gotta bring us together - for better or worse!

I think I'll call you Kurtzy Kittner. Are you from the city or the other 99.99% of NY known as Upstate NY?

I too am excited about the season. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season. If we can keep Matt Ryan upright, and Create turnovers on Defense, I'll think it will be a great season. I don't think we have a "shutdown" defense capability, but I think we have a team of guys who can be opportunistic in creating turnovers. Rise UP! Congrats on your first TATF Thread!

I think I'll call you Kurtzy Kittner. Are you from the city or the other 99.99% of NY known as Upstate NY?

I too am excited about the season. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season. If we can keep Matt Ryan upright, and Create turnovers on Defense, I'll think it will be a great season. I don't think we have a "shutdown" defense capability, but I think we have a team of guys who can be opportunistic in creating turnovers. Rise UP! Congrats on your first TATF Thread!

Call me what works for you man! Haha and I'm from a borough called Staten Island. It's pretty much right next to the city lol so it wouldn't be upstate. And I hear ya. This offense goes through the man we call Matty Ice. He is perhaps the only reason we were competitive since 2008. Of course, having Roddy and some guy named Julio Jones only helped. I agree with your point about our defense. It does not have shutdown capability. A lot of that is because of the pass rush. Imagine we had a pass rush with Tru and Alf. They played pretty well last season while QBs had all the time in the world to throw. I would say we need an edge rusher. Hagemon will be a monster for our interior push. We need to work on that and tackling. I hate to say it, but the tackling is disgusting. Worrilow and Willy Mo can tackle IF they make contact. Making contact is another animal for this team lol. Hopefully Nolan makes thhe opposing QB's head spin. And thank you!! RISE UP!!!!!

Hey, everyone. I had always viewed these forums but I never posted a topic of my own. I wasn't ever able to post a topic, but now that I am, I wanna introduce myself to you guys. I go on these forums everyday so I guess it's only fitting. Well my name is Chris but you could call me Kurtzyy or Kurtz (last name is Kurtz). I'm 19 years old, born and raised in New York as a diehard Falcons fan. Anyways, I wanna give my two cents on what I see as a positive in an otherwise rocky offseason.

This season is a season of the future. There has never been a more important season for this current regime than this one. This very season is the future of the Falcons. Think about it. Mike Smith and TD are on an awfully warm seat. Baker may never represent the Atlanta Falcons ever again. Jake Matthews may be moving to his LT spot quicker than most expected. The signing of Sjax is becoming a distant memory with Freeman bursting (literally) onto the scene. I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited, scared, and really interested to see where this season takes us. The one positive about all of this potential change is who we have. We have arguably the best receiver in franchise history in Roddy White. We have, in my mind, the best QB to ever strap on a Falcons uniform in his prime. In a year that may bring much change, you gotta learn to cherish what you have on your roster. No matter what potential changes happen to the staff and roster, I'm glad we have veterans like Ryan and White leading the way. In a few years, Ryan will take White's role as that older vet and Julio will be near Ryan's age. In an era of change, I'm glad we have some consistencies in place. Let's Rise Up for 2014 and beyond!

Good post, I'm stoked to get the season going but know it isn't going to be an easy one even if Ryan, Roddy and Julio have a stellar year. Think it's obvious Matthews will be solid but expect him to take his lumps as well, otherwise got a lot of wait and see's on offense. Got to have at least 3 other guys be more than solid on offense. Not saying it can't happen just don't know who those guys will be yet. Freeman's a possibility as is Asamoah, which is good cause they will need a ground game if the OL can come together, after that you got Rodgers, Smith, Douglas etc. and know this coaching staff usually has a hard time incorporating everybody into the system. If vets like like Sjax or Hester have an effect on the offense it will probably be later in the year

Same goes for the defense counting heavily on new guys Soliai and Jackson and the 2nd year guys have to continue to get better Worrilow, Bartu,Alford and Trufant.Willie Mo and Babineaux should be solid and I do like Osi as the designated pass rusher,but the defense will need stout game planning each week from Nolan to get the best out of guys like Massaquoi, Shembo, Hageman etc. Biermann doesn't look like he is all they way back and though I am a fan he has his limitations even when at full strength, they will need a full rotation to keep guys fresh which means Goodman, Maponga, Matthews and Robertson all need to get snaps.

All that makes for an interesting but probably up and down few first weeks just being realistic.