In Just Two Plays, Clowney...

...exposed our LT and LG.

What a player!

Like many here, I've always maintained that Baker was a well below average NFL LT, Blalock, a below to average LG and at Center we may not have an NFL starter for any other team. Our right side has a solid (average to above average) RG in Asamoah, and a promising Rookie in Matthews.

Other than enjoying his bank account, how would you like to replace Matt Ryan and play QB behind this line?

Sorry...last night brought back some bad memories. wacko.png I need a good sermon this morning! tongue.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...exposed our LT and LG.

What a player!

Like many here, I've always maintained that Baker was a well below average NFL LT, Blalock, a below to average LG and at Center we may not have an NFL starter for any other team. Our right side has a solid (average to above average) RG in Asamoah, and a promising Rookie in Matthews.

Other than enjoying his bank account, how would you like to replace Matt Ryan and play QB behind this line?

Sorry...last night brought back some bad memories. wacko.png I need a good sermon this morning! tongue.png

Well Matthews will be the new LT. The right side will be whatever scrub TD decides to promote. Expect Ryan to be running for his life again; O wait, he cannot run. ohmy.png

I was telling everyone not on here, but just in general that Clowney would be the IT MAN this dude wasn't going to be a bust. All that crap about South Carolina Clowney was just protecting himself, or in simple terms being smart.

I am happy for the Matthews pick, but **** it I really wanted Clowney extremely bad we could have gave away the farm to have gotten him I would have been fine.

Almost ended Ryan's and the team's season (thanks to Baker), then ended Baker's career.

The sliver lining is we may trade for a guy like Michael Roos who is better than Baker, or Marcus Cannon who can actually play RT and is bigger, durable, and started for the Pats including playoffs last year.

If that's the case I'm happy too still want Clowney badly though.

Yea 2 plays back to back made him look all pro, I like the speed but we needed Jake alot more than we needed Clowney at the time. If you watch the 2 plays on one Blalock was just too slow to get there and took a bad angle. On the sack Clowney was so wide I don't think anyone could have gotten to him and in a regular game Matt would have checked to a different play.

I love how everyone overreacts in pre-season week #2. I watched both plays Clowney made. It was clearly a missed assignment by Atlanta, as he wasn't even blocked. Secondly while the national media is making a big deal out of the tackles Clowney made, trying to make it seem like he blew up Smith on the play, it was a basic tackle for a 4 yard loss. The sack on Ryan was a little more worrisome, only from the standpoint of how many sacks Ryan took a year ago. Of course the national media is going to be all over the two plays Clowney made, because they want and need him to become a star, but honestly the tackles were just basic TFL that happen all the time.

Baker's injury is a non issue for me because the guy is useless anyway. He should have been cut after last season, but oh well - at least nature stepped in to do what the Falcons were incapable of doing. Baker and Wheatherspoon need to be off the team by next season as neither is apparently capable of not injuring themselves. But lets all relax and see what happens in week # 3 of pre-season when the actual starters will play for at least a full half if not longer.

Blalock has looked like garbage this preseason. I say bench him and let Gunn play. Move Jake to LT because we were gonna do that sooner or later anyway. Put In Shrader (<--- can't spell name) and just roll with him. Maybe find a competent player after the cuts are made. ******** it Baker! Come on!

Edited by FalconBlood23
Guest Negatorris

Almost ended Ryan's and the team's season (thanks to Baker), then ended Baker's career.

The sliver lining is we may trade for a guy like Michael Roos who is better than Baker, or Marcus Cannon who can actually play RT and is bigger, durable, and started for the Pats including playoffs last year.

How did he almost end Ryan's season? Lol Matt has taken way worse hits.

Op, all Clowney did was showcase that elite talent he has against two painfully average OLinemen who are getting paid like they are more than that.

Jake Matthews was regular unlike the camp reports suggested. Clowney is ready to play in the NFL right this second.

Guest Negatorris

Ummm...not sure how Blalock is shouldering any fault for this. Baker is the guy that got abused BOTH times.

Lol Baker was NOT assigned to Clowney. Blalock's job was to shift over quickly and pick him up. He tried but was about 15 steps too slow.

I kept telling the board that they will eat their words about Clowney. Dude is an animal.

You would be too if you played Sam Baker. We should make it a motivational game for fans at our camps from here on "Come boost your confidence! Beat an NFL linemen! We know you can!" Baker would have a use then.