to start Shembo, a rookie, who do sit? Bartu or Worrilo? both are only second year guys, but both have game experience and both played well last year, even leading the team in tackles, Shembo will start eventually, but after half a game against the second and third team, i think its early to turn the reigns over..

It would be Kroy sitting. Shembo/PW on the inside with Bartu/Mass on the edge.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be Kroy sitting. Shembo/PW on the inside with Bartu/Mass on the edge.

Bartu weighs 229 pounds. I don't think he has nearly the size to play OLB. He can blitz from the middle, but he's way too light to play OLB, IMHO. He lacks ideal height, but if he was stouter he could overcome that. I don't think he has enough azz in his pants to play OLB.

I don't believe in draft status once you start playing. Right now its Bartu and Worrilow and let's not forget Bartu's numbers from his ROOKIE year. Now, this was at SLB for the guy. http://espn.go.com/n...171/joplo-bartu

There are a few 1st rounders who don't put up numbers like that. He played in 16 games, but didn't start every game and wasn't in on every play.

Yea I think we need to roll with Bartu & Werrilew, but definitely rest them w/ Shembo as much as possible

I was actually leading toward this idea earlier, but didn't say anything. His ability to rush the passer is evident from watching Notre Dame film, and his intelligence was obvious enough by watching his slide protections and audibles during the Dolphin game. Am I ready to give him a nod over Bartu or Worrilow? No, but I think with the way this defense is set up, we can count on having 15 or 16 starters. By that, I mean it will never be the same 11 on each drive. I think this definitely gives us an advantage due to the obvious diversity. Shembo can do a little bit of everything, which is why I think he could fight for the most productive player in the 2014 draft class.

My favorite part of the Hard Knocks episode wasn't the Dolphins game, but his candid conversation with Spoon. I loved how they talked about Brees and Shembo immediately noticed his pump-faking ability. He strikes me as a guy who watches game tape religiously and will do whatever it takes to give himself an edge.

Yeah man, loved the conversation with Spoon about Brees. Kid knows whats up.

Shembo might just push Worrilow out. He took control, and showed ability to make impact plays.

You mean the sack? Worrilow had a couple of those last year too mate.

Besides, Worrilow's a better fit at ILB than Bartu anyway,and Worr's the playcaller; i'm 100% sure Bartu gets pushed out before Worr. Even Nolan has hinted that Worr's a surefire starter, and Shembo's competing with Bartu.