Tyson Jackson=Ray Edwards

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't take on any double teams at all.there was no need,he couldn't beat ONE guy.

Also i NEVER said i expect him to rush the passer. But he couldn't shed one man to make a stop on the run. His man stood him up every play.watch the tape.

I did.

As a matter of fact it took me about 1/2 an hour to get through 2 series.

You need to go back and rewatch the tape. His man did not stand him up every play. He held his ground and did not move backward on most of the snaps.

There were times when he was singled up and times when he was doubled. He didn't penetrate as much as Solai but he wasn't getting pushed around like you claim.

something we haven't truly had in a while

Falcons could have a really nice DLine rotation this year- Soliai, Jackson, Goodman on run downs. Osi, Babs, Hageman on passing downs. Robertson & Maponga are wild cards that would be a real bonus to have develop.

Realize it wouldn't be that cut and dried with pass vs. rush, but like the idea that Osi and Babs save their energy for pass rushing and there's quality depth.

Falcons could have a really nice DLine rotation this year- Soliai, Jackson, Goodman on run downs. Osi, Babs, Hageman on passing downs. Robertson & Maponga are wild cards that would be a real bonus to have develop.

Realize it wouldn't be that cut and dried with pass vs. rush, but like the idea that Osi and Babs save their energy for pass rushing and there's quality depth.

it would be nice to see again.

2 different completely different schemes before arriving. How many 3-4 defensive ends not named Justin Smith and JJ Watt wow you every single year. Most are only looking at sacks and that is not a 3-4 ends primary job. In a regular 4-3 scheme, Jackson would be a DT. So the comparison is irrelevant

They are both DE in the NFL, so they can be compared.

The OP says he has been watching and re-watching Jackson and he is not

impressed. I haven't paid any attention to him but if he ever does something

good I am sure we will all be made aware of it. Some of this sounds like "dumbing

down" his responsibilities to the point that all he has to do is waddle onto the field

and remain vertical and he has done his job. I hope they expect more from him than

some the posters in this thread. He and Solia need to be throwing bodies around and

creating havoc.

good I am sure we will all be made aware of it. Some of this sounds like "dumbing

down" his responsibilities to the point that all he has to do is waddle onto the field

and remain vertical and he has done his job. I hope they expect more from him than

some the posters in this thread. He and Solia need to be throwing bodies around and

creating havoc.

smh you still don't understand his role

creating havoc.

evidently you don't understand it either

from all reports and from what I have seen of Tyson Jackson, he is doing his job and he is being a leader trying to help the rookie hageman get up to speed. edwards was not showing effort or production as a pass rusher and he had a bad attitude as a team mate...these two players are playing 2 different positions with different expectations. No comparison in my mind

Two totally different DEs.

Edwards was suppose to be an edge rushing 4-3 DE that could also set the edge against the run, while Jackson is supose to have more of a 3-4 DE role which is to be mainly a run stopper who also takes up blocks for edge rushers and blitzers.

Being a pass rusher is not really the most important part of Jackson's role.

yeah, you, and a couple others have pointed out the extreme differences in RE and Tyson Jackson.

op is comparing apples and............eggplant

He didn't get double teamed once. The comparison of the two is saying he will be as big of a disappointment as Edwards.

Plus i know he isn't here to rush the passer,i NEVER said that.however he is here to STOP the run. I bet a dollar to a dime when we teams do run on us they are going to be successful running through his side