Tyson Jackson=Ray Edwards

I never ever try to be negative when it comes to my beloved falcons,however I get the feeling that Tyson Jackson will go down as one off our worst fa signings other than Gay Edwards.

After watching the game over and over and over again,i didn't see T.Jackson make a play.he didn't even get any push.he supposedly is stout against the run,yet i don't see it.it's like he is giving a half *** effort. Maybe its because it was the first PRESEASON game.but my fear is he is just collecting a check.if anyone has anything to prove me wrong i would love to see it.but as of right now it seems like we only made ONE big addition to the line.i kept waiting for him to atleast penetrate,yet he kept getting stood up.i do hope he becomes something.i just don't think he will.if your gonna be one dimensional then you better do that one dimension **** good.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like the personnel in that 4-2-5 we employed...saw the purpose for it, but didn't like it. Think we'll see a completely different personnel set to start the game in whatever base front we come out in next game. Coaches are still evaluating, remember that

First preseason game and we won with signs of improvement. Remember they still need to Gel together in the live game time. And so far its an improvement. When people start coming into their own. I have a feeling things will set on fire. i have good expectations for the line being average to above average with our line backers showing off.

Offense will probably be the bread and butter for wins for the first half of the season with the defense slowly catching up and coming into their own.

Two totally different DEs.

Edwards was suppose to be an edge rushing 4-3 DE that could also set the edge against the run, while Jackson is supose to have more of a 3-4 DE role which is to be mainly a run stopper who also takes up blocks for edge rushers and blitzers.

Being a pass rusher is not really the most important part of Jackson's role.

Ray Edawrds came in and was supposed to be a 10 sack guy with Abe. He really under-produced. Now Jackson on the other hand has just arrived here and you're already naming him a bust? From what I seen as a collective group of Soliai,Babs,Jackson,and Biermann they played great run stopping defense. An Jackson isn't supposed to get to the QB. His job is to get some double teams and make open lanes for our LBs to get some tackles an sacks.

We didn't sign Ray Edwards to hold the point and take on double teams in a 3 man front. We did sign Tyson Jackson for that.

He didn't take on any double teams at all.there was no need,he couldn't beat ONE guy.

Also i NEVER said i expect him to rush the passer. But he couldn't shed one man to make a stop on the run. His man stood him up every play.watch the tape.

Edited by gradybaby33