What Happened To The Crucify Hd83 Folks....?

Come on, Tugg...he may trip over the blue line occasionally in big game situations, but in terms of solid #3 receivers, he is one of the best in the league IMO. Just avoid hus butter fingers in late game situations.

I am just not impressed by him. Like I said though, I am ready for him to prove me wrong. In fact, I want him to with all my heart.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, i dont even care anymore. He is in the same group at the other top 35ish guys. He would start for most teams and youre crying about him as our 3.... Im done.

I think you're overrating him hugely if you think he would be anymore than a #3 for the heavy majority of teams. That's just me though.

He would be a #4 receiving option for as many teams he would be a #2, if not more, IMO. Ready for him to prove me wrong though.

Edited by Lornoth

I am just not impressed by him. Like I said though, I am ready for him to prove me wrong. In fact, I want him to with all my heart.

I know you are, bud. Despite the fact you're living la vida loca down there in Fins land, nobody around here could possibly question your loyalty or desire to see the Falcons win a title.

Guest Negatorris

Some of you that are praising HD have never watched a team with a productive slot receiver. I can't believe someone said he's one of the better #3s in the league.

I've backed him up big time the past two seasons and offseasons. A ton of people said he sucked before last season even started. Then he shows out and gets 1000 yds. And the excuses are "Oh they were garbage stats" lol ok.

Two years ago some people used "he has bad hands" as a reason. Then an article came out by nfl.com that said he had 1 drop in the entire 2012 season.

People need to stop hating him. And others need to stop saying he is a pro bowl talent. He is a solid #3 WR for us, but i have zero problem with finding his replacement next season though. Roddy should play a little more slot WR like Reggie Wayne does and HD definitely can not on the outside.

I've backed him up big time the past two seasons and offseasons. A ton of people said he sucked before last season even started. Then he shows out and gets 1000 yds. And the excuses are "Oh they were garbage stats" lol ok.

Two years ago some people used "he has bad hands" as a reason. Then an article came out by nfl.com that said he had 1 drop in the entire 2012 season.

People need to stop hating him. And others need to stop saying he is a pro bowl talent. He is a solid #3 WR for us, but i have zero problem with finding his replacement next season though. Roddy should play a little more slot WR like Reggie Wayne does and HD definitely can not on the outside.

Looks like Roddy will be running some of the same routes TG ran from the slot :)

Too many people wanna compare HD to JJ or Roddy, which makes evaluating him objectively impossible.

Dude, i dont even care anymore. He is in the same group at the other top 35ish guys. He would start for most teams and youre crying about him as our 3.... Im done.

HD was targeted 133 times last year, most years, he's targeted 50-60 times. Look at the other players with as many or more targets- 14 TDs, 16 TDs, 12 TDs.

What teams would he start for? Do you mean as a 1?

If you mean as a 1, here's 20 WRs he wouldn't be the 1 over: Garcon, Johnson, Green , Brown , Marshall [& Jeffery], Bryant, Gordon, Jackson,Johnson, Edelman, Colston [& Graham] ,Thomas [& Decker], Wallace [& Hartline],Fitzgerald, Hilton, Julio [ & White], Boldin, Nelson, Jackson, Allen. That's 2/3s of the league he wouldn't start as a one over.

Could do the same thing for number 2 WRs as well- look at the one's in [ ] above as a start, probably 15 teams he wouldn't be the number 2 for either.

HD has too many lapses to be trusted. Would love for him to put it all together this year and have a great year with 5-6-7 TDs.

He may greatly benefit from an improved OLine that gives Ryan time to get to his 3-4-5 reads, Freeman making Ds respect the run and Reedy as another deep threat, be really happy to see that.

HD was targeted 133 times last year, most years, he's targeted 50-60 times. Look at the other players with as many or more targets- 14 TDs, 16 TDs, 12 TDs.

What teams would he start for? Do you mean as a 1?

If you mean as a 1, here's 20 WRs he wouldn't be the 1 over: Garcon, Johnson, Green , Brown , Marshall [& Jeffery], Bryant, Gordon, Jackson,Johnson, Edelman, Colston [& Graham] ,Thomas [& Decker], Wallace [& Hartline],Fitzgerald, Hilton, Julio [ & White], Boldin, Nelson, Jackson, Allen. That's 2/3s of the league he wouldn't start as a one over.

Could do the same thing for number 2 WRs as well- look at the one's in [ ] above as a start, probably 15 teams he wouldn't be the number 2 for either.

HD has too many lapses to be trusted. Would love for him to put it all together this year and have a great year with 5-6-7 TDs.

He may greatly benefit from an improved OLine that gives Ryan time to get to his 3-4-5 reads, Freeman making Ds respect the run and Reedy as another deep threat, be really happy to see that.

Good post bro.

I basically have two issues with Dougle:

1. Can't get in the end zone - there were 40-50 WRs with more TDs on fewer targets in 2013

2. Nutts up in too many crucial situations - see NFCCG and the Bowman Bobblehed pick six

2.1. Uses women's deodorant - that's too much info for an international cable show. Not befitting of a team trying to get tough

I am confident Reedy, Drew or Hester can get in the end zone more than twice on 126 targets. Drew got in twice on only 17 targets last year. Harry can win my support this season if he scores 4-6 times. If not, he needs to be moved to the outside. Of the Flowery Branch HQ building and give us the $3.7M cap space back.

Good post bro.

I basically have two issues with Dougle:

1. Can't get in the end zone - there were 40-50 WRs with more TDs on fewer targets in 2013

2. Nutts up in too many crucial situations - see NFCCG and the Bowman Bobblehed pick six

2.1. Uses women's deodorant - that's too much info for an international cable show. Not befitting of a team trying to get tough

I am confident Reedy, Drew or Hester can get in the end zone more than twice on 126 targets. Drew got in twice on only 17 targets last year. Harry can win my support this season if he scores 4-6 times. If not, he needs to be moved to the outside. Of the Flowery Branch HQ building and give us the $3.7M cap space back.

....LOL...Wasn't he on the outside last year?

Not that it's obvious that he will be an integral part of this offense.

HD is horrible.

Matt Ryan tells Roddy in Hard Knocks " You will be great in the slot, no one covers".

If no one covers, where the he77 has HD been? Other than dropping passes, falling down with noone around or handing them to defenders to return for touchdowns

HD is horrible.

Matt Ryan tells Roddy in Hard Knocks " You will be great in the slot, no one covers".

If no one covers, where the he77 has HD been? Other than dropping passes, falling down with noone around or handing them to defenders to return for touchdowns

How do you split TDs with 3 Probowlers...perse and be productive as the 4th receiving option?

Harry is a good receiver. Not admiring the yeoman-like work he did trying to fill Roddy/Julio last year is just being mad for the sake of being mad. Not everyone is a superstar. Some players are just good. Harry is good. The fact that he got the numbers he did was pretty **** amazing last year...and if he is as bad as everyone here says, than it was downright god-like.

I didnt say you had unrealistic expectations. I actually expect him to have a season that is similar to the one he had last year. He will get the targets.

I said your argument was unrealistic because you dont give DB's any credit. He earned his catches last season. He earned every yard, just like everybody else. You cant just take them away from him. He eared them and everyone else had a chance to do the same if they were that much better than him. He played in an offense that gave him targets, but also had a brutal line. He had to get open quick to get the ball, and he did just that. Give him his credit. Other WRs had the opportunity to outproduce him but they couldnt.

EDIT: As for the emotions, yes obviously it is annoying, but that doesnt the way I evaluate players.

the numbers just don't add up for him to get close to last years numbers, IF Roddy and JJ both stay healthy, he's just not going to get the same number of targets. you think they're going to him instead of roddy and JJ? then you're backing up what I said and thought when I said HD would benefit the most when we traded up to draft JJ.

As for him earning his targets last year, well, he earned his way into the #3 WR position against inferior talent, so the trickle down effect of that is when #1 gets hurt, #s 2 and 3 move up........when #2 (the new #1) gets hurt.........I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

now on top of that, I want to throw something else in here, to go along with the 'having JJ will benefit HD" thoughline. I've just finished watching last nights hard knocks episode. Where Matt and Roddy were talking about the slot, and Matt said 'that's how tony got all those catches, they don't cover in there'.........if HD gets those routes/targets and can hold the ball when it hits him in the hands, then yeah he'll have better numbers than his normal. I wonder though as steady as Roddy is, and the way he was the one in those routes, is harry going outside and Roddy in the slot? what Matt said almost indicated that could very seriously be the plan

I don't know. Guess with the difference in targets I just expect more from Harry.

I don't...his role has been keeping the chains moving by catching and running with the ball. I've never seen Harry as a TD machine. What would you say to this: A #1 WR that catches 1300+ yards in receptions and 7 TDs? Does that tell you anything about the WR not being able to get into the end zone?

I don't...his role has been keeping the chains moving by catching and running with the ball. I've never seen Harry as a TD machine. What would you say to this: A #1 WR that catches 1300+ yards in receptions and 7 TDs? Does that tell you anything about the WR not being able to get into the end zone?

No. 1300 yards and 7TD's is a very good year. Average that 1300 and 7 TD's over 10 years and you have borderline HOF numbers.