Random Observation From 1St Preseason Game!

slider

Stone, the center is ambidextrous! He snaps in pistol and shotgun with his left hand and qb under center with his right. I suspect it's because he's a natural lefty but Ryan doesn't like receiving the snap under center from a lefty so he changes up for that. Just my theory and probably not worth a topic but I thought I might throw it out there!

I wouldn't know the difference between getting a snap from a lefty and righty. Can someone explain?

Good question. When I was a QB, I don't remember ever knowing for sure what hand the guy was actually hiking the ball with, so don't know if lefties put like a reverse thrust on the ball as they hike it back. Somebody in this place will know.

I played QB in High school. I'm right handed, our center was left.handed. At first, the transfer jammed.me up throwing my elbow out of alignment and costing me a half step on my drop. BUT, once I got used to the angle the ball came out I used it to my advantage and was able to.make throws quicker over the middle. To me it was just about the angle of how the ball hit my hand. wasn't a big deal really.