Explain This Too Me (Spoon Vs Jackson)

Guest fibonacci

Guest fibonacci

Spoon.....

-young

-multiple injuries

-two seasons his basically missed with season ending injuries. One he missed a lot of games.

-average with a few explosive plays

-falcon fans think he amazing (nut huggers).

Jackson

-hurt once....yet returned

-was average

-injured once in the last 5 years

-over 30

-yet falcon fans scream to cut him.

Why the hate on Jackson vs the love on spoon?

Edit:

let me word this a little better.

Jackson got hurt last season....he returned. People scream cut.

Spoon got hurt in the eagles game. He returned. He got a pass. People kept loving him for who knows what.

Then next year spoon gets season ending injury......people still show love.

Then he gets season ending injury before training camp.....and yet there is still some people floating around with love for this guy.

Not making sense to me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoon.....

-young

-multiple injuries

-two seasons his basically missed with season ending injuries. One he missed a lot of games.

-average with a few explosive plays

-falcon fans think he amazing (nut huggers).

Jackson

-hurt once....yet returned

-was average

-injured once in the last 5 years

-over 30

-yet falcon fans scream to cut him.

Why the hate on Jackson vs the love on spoon?

I could be wrong but the way I see it people hate on Jackson cuz 1) he was a free agent signing and 2) people really believe Antone Smith can be a starter or a capable one two punch with quizz or Freeman.not to mention they refuse to let go what Turner did for this team so if a player comes in and can't repeat they want him gone. As for the Spoon love, idk I can only guess since so many where do high on him when he was first drafted they are holding on to that love.Jackson is here and will be back while spoon won't play this season so why support the guy not playing this season,I do not know. They both more than likely won't be here next season.

Guest fibonacci

I could be wrong but the way I see it people hate on Jackson cuz 1) he was a free agent signing and 2) people really believe Antone Smith can be a starter or a capable one two punch with quizz or Freeman.not to mention they refuse to let go what Turner did for this team so if a player comes in and can't repeat they want him gone. As for the Spoon love, idk I can only guess since so many where do high on him when he was first drafted they are holding on to that love.Jackson is here and will be back while spoon won't play this season so why support the guy not playing this season,I do not know. They both more than likely won't be here next season.

see that's more to my confusion. "why support the guy off the field instead of the one on the field"

Guest fibonacci

Exactly... i haven't seen more than two people say he's an above average player recently, let alone anything more.

Here us two just today.

There is even rcers who mention it. (even saintfans) go look at the to 10 defense thread over there.

When spoon went down i saw a lot of crying here. When Jackson went down......it was not even closer to crying. It was more like, "td sucks" "Jackson wasted our money" "cut him now". Etc etc.

I can bump threads if you like¡

Heck one thread is floating on page one with nine pages to cut Jackson.

bc Spoon was a solid player for us while he was healthy, isnt Spoon done for now btw?

SJax has yet to be a solid player for us, the SJax hate comes from people who realized it was stupid to replace our aging all star RB with an aging all star RB

That was my stance. I didn't want Jackson. He was old when we signed him.

I say we move on from both.

Guest fibonacci

bc Spoon was a solid player for us while he was healthy, isnt Spoon done for now btw?

SJax has yet to be a solid player for us, the SJax hate comes from people who realized it was stupid to replace our aging all star RB with an aging all star RB

what did spoon do so "solid" on? I'm all ears to this one.

And just so you know.....the greatest falcon that never was, is clearly Norwood. (if you like to go that route)

yeah, there's not a whole lot of spoon love floatin around lately. Still one or two, but for the most part with the up and coming LB's we seem to have, there's a lot of people here (me included) that are ready to just cut bait after this season with spoon. I do, however, think he'll get a one year 'show me' contract offer, and wouldn't be the least surprised if he says shove it and goes somewhere else, or at least tests the market

Who all said he was amazing?

^ A thread i made a few months ago about Spoon being back in 2015. 70% of people wanted him gone. So the overwhelming majority do not think he is amazing.

I think he'll be back and i think when healthy he is an above average player. I don't think he is "amazing" though. Especially can't expect that coming off a significant injury.

http://boards.atlant...ami-vs-falcons/

Here us two just today.

There is even rcers who mention it. (even saintfans) go look at the to 10 defense thread over there.

When spoon went down i saw a lot of crying here. When Jackson went down......it was not even closer to crying. It was more like, "td sucks" "Jackson wasted our money" "cut him now". Etc etc.

I can bump threads if you like¡

Heck one thread is floating on page one with nine pages to cut Jackson.

Well you'll get no argument from me that SJax is getting ridiculous and unjustified amounts of hate. I've just learned to mostly ignore it at this point but it's so idiotic. He's the whipping boy around here now and it's simply unwarranted.

You are correct there's been much more heat thrown at SJax at Spoon recently but i think that's more because the people who hate Spoon have moved past the anger stage and are simply done with him now. That's how i've taken it anyway.

Guest fibonacci

Who all said he was amazing?

^ A thread i made a few months ago about Spoon being back in 2015. 70% of people wanted him gone. So the overwhelming majority do not think he is amazing.

I think he'll be back and i think when healthy he is an above average player. I don't think he is "amazing" though. Especially can't expect that coming off a significant injury.

still more then Jackson love. I found 4 people today with love for spoon. While there is a whole thread of nine pages to cut Jackson.

People trying too say Jackson is injury prone is idiots. Clearly they have no clue what injury prone is. Yet some how spoon gets a pass.

Exactly, because I've never thought that and can remember several other posters feeling the same way.

Yep, the last time I remember the board being high on Spoon was several years ago in his only full season being healthy. Since then it's been pretty unanimous that he is overrated.

I personally don't think that Blank has much more tolerance for constant injuries and under-performance. Jackson better show something quick especially with Freeman breathing down his back and Spoon better get ready for a low incentive deal. Depending on how well the young Lbs (Wor/Bartu/Shembo and Co.) play, Spoon might not be back here next year.

I can give you reasons for my opinions on Spoon, and i can give you reasons for my opinions on Sjax, but I am under no obligation, to follow the exact same rules and stipulations for evaluating each. Every player is different, and liking one player with injuries does, in no way, obligate you to like another player with injuries.

Guest fibonacci

yeah, there's not a whole lot of spoon love floatin around lately. Still one or two, but for the most part with the up and coming LB's we seem to have, there's a lot of people here (me included) that are ready to just cut bait after this season with spoon. I do, however, think he'll get a one year 'show me' contract offer, and wouldn't be the least surprised if he says shove it and goes somewhere else, or at least tests the market

let me word this a little better.

Jackson got hurt last season....he returned. People scream cut.

Spoon got hurt in the eagles game. He returned. He got a pass. People kept loving him for who knows what.

Then next year spoon gets season ending injury......people still show love.

Then he gets season ending injury before training camp.....and yet there is still some people floating around with love for this guy.

Not making sense to me.

still more then Jackson love. I found 4 people today with love for spoon. While there is a whole thread of nine pages to cut Jackson.

People trying too say Jackson is injury prone is idiots. Clearly they have no clue what injury prone is. Yet some how spoon gets a pass.

That is just because Sjax went down recently. As you saw in that thread, Spoon received a ton of hate because that thread was near the time he went down.

Just like Sjax is being talked about now because he just went down. Even if its 3-4 weeks.

I don't think many knowledgeable actually believe/want us to cut Sjax. Would serve no purpose except leave us with 3 RB's who no one is confident can carry the load.