Death Race 2014

Shredman

wow

just wow is all i can say atm.....

080914-nascar-tony%20stewart.vadapt.620.medium.0.jpg

Getty Images

According to multiple unconfirmed reports, Tony Stewart was involved in an on-track incident with driver Kevin Ward on Saturday night, with Stewart's car allegedly striking Ward after he got out of his car to confront Stewart about earlier contact between the two.

The Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff's Department confirmed to FOXSports.com late Saturday night that it is investigating an incident that occured during a dirt-track race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park, reportedly involving three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart and another driver.

According to multiple unconfirmed reports, Stewart was involved in an on-track incident with 17-year-old driver Kevin Ward Jr., with Stewart's car allegedly striking Ward after he got out of his car to confront Stewart about earlier contact between the two.

Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything.

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

Police would confirm only that they are investigating an undisclosed incident that took place at approximately 10 p.m. during a sprint-car race at the half-mile dirt track north of Syracuse.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you were faster with this story than the AP, which just popped up on my phone!

i just have Superior Toys lol

you guys should see my Home Entertainment stuff , looks like NASA or something up in here lol

but yea what i am seeing and hearing is this kid is in critical condition and Tony Stewart has been arrested....

Wow. Wonder if he's going to be charged manslaughter or murder. I could see premeditated murder since Tony obviously had forethought. This ain't good for anybody. And my heart goes out to the Ward family.

Sounds like I may be wrong about the forethought. It's hard to tell watching the tape. Did Tony swerve to hit him. Or did Tony not see him in time and the swerve came from hitting Keven. Glad I won't be part of that legal bog.

Edited by NawlinsLady

wish we had a dif angle, but ppl there say he gunned it .... Stewarts about to lose everything to this kids Fam and his freedom.... unbelievable man

Will they have different camera angles? We go to sprint car races that probably has no camera or one at most. If they do have another angle I'm looking forward to seeing it. That one is so inconclusive, unless there may be something to see blown up and watching it frame by frame.

Will they have different camera angles? We go to sprint car races that probably has no camera or one at most. If they do have another angle I'm looking forward to seeing it. That one is so inconclusive, unless there may be something to see blown up and watching it frame by frame.

yea it happened to fast to convict him of anything really off that footage....

but eye witnesses say he gunned it, if thats the case, dude is a murderer plain and simple

holy shyt

i stand corrected

you can hear him gun it

no question about it

35 secs into the clip

Dam, you sure can. I just listened with my headphones.

Wanted to add, I still am not sure if he gassed it before he hit the kid or right after. If after he could claim Kevin came out of nowhere, he didn't see him until he hit him, and he gassed it to get the car off of the kid as quickly as possible. Slim, I know, but I've heard worse. Something like this in the hands of a good lawyer might get him manslaughter. Or murder two.

Edited by NawlinsLady

The kid shouldn't have been out in the middle of the track. It seems like Stewart wanted to scare the kid...but went too far!

yea

and i still have no confirmed reports that this kid is really dead....

been scrambling thru the big boy sites , yahoo, msn,espn and google, non have confirmed a death.... only CBS channel 5 which i believe is the local NY affiliate has said Ward Died ....

yea hes gonna be convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter , life long ban from racing, he will probably serve about 5 yrs but will come out broke after the Ward Family wins their Civil Case, his temper just ruined his career and defined his Legacy...... Sad

But whats more sad is a young man is dead, for nothing....

yea

and i still have no confirmed reports that this kid is really dead....

been scrambling thru the big boy sites , yahoo, msn,espn and google, non have confirmed a death.... only CBS channel 5 which i believe is the local NY affiliate has said Ward Died ....

Just got confirmed by AP and Fox that he died.

Edited by NawlinsLady

yea hes gonna be convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter , life long ban from racing, he will probably serve about 5 yrs but will come out broke after the Ward Family wins their Civil Case, his temper just ruined his career and defined his Legacy...... Sad

But whats more sad is a young man is dead, for nothing....

Stewart's past anger issues ( some of them caught on video ) will not help him one bit.