Crazy Sight At Tc Today

Tandy

Hey Tuggle!

No, Supes don't think it was a bald eagle. Snapped a couple of shots but my phone was hot not sure how good they are. Will look at them when I can see it better. Pretty hot out here and bright. Hard to see the iPhone screen

Was it a bald eagle, for sure? That's a rare sighting.

EaglesMom-2.jpg

actually, bald eagles have become pretty well established in GA thanks to a restocking program started several years ago.....they are awesome and magnificent creatures. Too bad that bunch up north had to pick them to be their mascot, thinking on it, that may be why they're coming back south again, LOL

No, definitely an Eagle. That much I could see

You are lucky to see such a sight in the south. I have a second home in Florida just north of Daytona, and on 2 recent occasions I have seen an actual bald eagle. I found out that a number of bald eagles have been transported to Jacksonville and let loose in to the wild in a repopulation effort of some sort. I don't know all of the details, but you may have seen one of these birds migrating north. Or maybe Georgia is in on the plan as well.

There are bald eagles nesting at Berry College in Rome and here in Carroll County as well. I have a 15 acre track with a lake and I have not seen a bald eagle, but I have had an Osprey visit from time to time. Last year, both my wife and I saw what we believe to be a Golden Eagle, land here outside our house. I've never seen a larger bird in the wild that up close. It could have easily taken a decent size dog away.

I know they are around. There is a pair that hunts around my home - and I catch them up in the trees here a lot. In fact, I have a couple pictures I took of them in my back yard several years ago. Most of the time we don't get them sitting so lovely long enough for a camera shot

10504952_10203490918826495_5759081423611890737_o.jpg