Hageman

falcon68

at 1st they said he wasn't playing. he did come in in the 2nd half though and was very unimpressive against the phins 3rd stringers. that gives me an uneasy feeling.

I read somewhere that Hageman, faced a few triple teams, if he faced any triple teams he did a great job

Hageman was in starting in the second quarter on the Dolphin's third drive. I watched him and he was easy to spot because he was the biggest defender on the field.

I thought he looked good and consistently pushed his man towards the ball. I don't think the big linemen really make a ton of flashy plays, but they disrupt the offensive play enough so that other players can have an easier time.

Also, Hageman is a project. I do not think we should expect he will be fantastic this year. He wasn't fantastic in college and was playing some weak teams there too. He has not developed instinctual pass rush moves other than just trying to bull through whoever is in front of him (which he is quite good at). If he can develop some moves and naturally use them without thinking then he will improve.

i watched Hageman intently. He was solid, collapsing the pocket while taking on two men. Played with energy and enthusiasm. I saw several times him pushing the blockers right into the RB's while others got the finishing tackle.

Listing him at DE has folks confused. I saw him at NT and playing UT last night.

Agreed. He did play RDE a couple of snaps with a three man front, aways on the interior in a four man.

My only concern is the edge. The interior did what they were supposed to. It was strange watching with us not getting that KIND of penetration in 7 years. The edge has to be doing something. You know as a QB, both have to have something. You don't want to rely too much on the blitz if your guys aren't beating the one on ones the interior is creating for you.

Listing him at DE has folks confused. I saw him at NT and playing UT last night.

He's one of those guys that will have a position "officially," but will likely play all 4 spots on the line.

You don't limit an athletic talent like that to one spot when you have a defensive coach like Nolan. Hageman will be all over the place.