Speed On Offense!

pzummo

I am extremely impressed with our depth. I'm thinking about all of the possibilities for our offense. And we will have a LOT of speed in several different formations.

5W - Julio, Roddy, HD, Hester, Reedy

4W1R - Julio, Roddy, HD, Reedy, Freeman

4W1R - Julio, Roddy, HD, Reedy, Smith

4W1R - Julio, Roddy, HD, Hester, Freeman

4W1R - Julio, Roddy, HD, Hester, Smith

In 3W sets with an extra blocker, we can still put a lot of speed on the field. I would love to see us spread the field with a no-huddle 4W1R set with Freeman or Smith. I know they can't block. Have them chip and run a route. With that much speed outside, defenses will be in Dime, and no team has the depth at CB to keep up with those 4 guys.

Sorry if I offend someone, and yes I know that Tony Gonzalez is a Hall of Famer and beast at moving the chains/red zone targets, but...

Having Tony G<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Not having Tony G but instead Hester, Reedy, Freeman, Antone Smith.

I also hate that I have to use the lame term from 3 years ago, but...............having these 4 guys (IF Smitty will actually consistently use them)=more "explosiveness."

I am extremely impressed with our depth. I'm thinking about all of the possibilities for our offense. And we will have a LOT of speed in several different formations.

In 3W sets with an extra blocker, we can still put a lot of speed on the field. I would love to see us spread the field with a no-huddle 4W1R set with Freeman or Smith. I know they can't block. Have them chip and run a route. With that much speed outside, defenses will be in Dime, and no team has the depth at CB to keep up with those 4 guys.

a chip block still requires an ability to block lol...

but it is nice to see us with some speed on offense, should make for some great offensive sets this year...play-action is gonna be ridiculous

Freeman can block, just needs the practice. Smith should spend extra time after practice learning to block.

Think this Falcons offense is going to be able to beat you every possible way- quick strikes through the air, long extended drives,running the ball, and, probably, muscling up and playing powerball.

To me Roddy White is going to have a huge year it looks like he'll be mostly used taking alot of TG's underneath stuff for the most part.

Yup...I think Roddy and Julio gonna have big years. Nice to hear the run game looks better. Offense is still the strength of this team.

a chip block still requires an ability to block lol...

but it is nice to see us with some speed on offense, should make for some great offensive sets this year...play-action is gonna be ridiculous

A chip block is the RB running into and/or pushing a defender after they are already engaged with another player. That is far different than blocking one on one for blitz pickup or extra protection. It does not take any skill to run into a defender that's already engaged with an OL as you are running out of the backfield into the flat for an underneath throw.

Are you thinking a cut block?

A chip block is the RB running into and/or pushing a defender after they are already engaged with another player. That is far different than blocking one on one for blitz pickup or extra protection. It does not take any skill to run into a defender that's already engaged with an OL as you are running out of the backfield into the flat for an underneath throw.

Are you thinking a cut block?

I'm thinking of the situation last night, where Blalock and Hawley picked up their man, but Antone couldn't pick up the free rusher...do you want to trust Antone to a lot of free rushers? because in that situation, a chip block turns into a regular block...

Unfortunately, we have Smith as a coach and the only way Freeman and Smith will see any action at running back is if S.Jax goes down. Have to cherish these players in the preseason cause once the real season start we may never see them on offense again

I'm thinking of the situation last night, where Blalock and Hawley picked up their man, but Antone couldn't pick up the free rusher...do you want to trust Antone to a lot of free rushers? because in that situation, a chip block turns into a regular block...

No, I don't. I was referring to Smith or Freeman bumping a DE on their way out. There wouldn't be any read or delay by them. It's basically the same as 5W, only difference is one starts his route out of the backfield.