Defense

jdawg4876

def got some things to clean up, but our run defense looks sooooooo much better already, to me. especially since tj yates loos like a wasted trade and we are going 3 and out constantly. yes lamar holmes got beat, so no surprise but tj had plenty of time to get rid of the ball

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is said every year.

I didn't see much that screams pass rush so far. By now I should have a glimpse. Closest was a hurry by Mass and Maponga. Mass looked lost with the first team though.

It's the first real game. I've said it a few more times this week, week 3 is where we see how far the team has came. Next week will be good as well. I guess this one doesn't mean much to me because I didn't come in with any type of expectations due to it being the first preseason game

I agree not sure about pass rush, but our run defense seems a lot better so far.... only time will tell. but last yr our run defense and pass defense was turrrible, so I will take at least 1/2 and I did see some pressure on the last two drives, which resulted in two incomplete passes.

It's the first real game. I've said it a few more times this week, week 3 is where we see how far the team has came. Next week will be good as well. I guess this one doesn't mean much to me because I didn't come in with any type of expectations due to it being the first preseason game

I have this thing. If I see what I thought I was going to see, then that's usually what it is to me until I see different. Something has to be done, someone needs to step up. Its the preseason already.

EDIT: Offense looks good though, all except the run. Not impressed even a little with the run game.

Run defense is looking better and pass defense is good in terms of the secondary. Our linebackers have struggled in coverage and our pass rush is non-existent.

Agree about the secondary (CB's). I don't think that Soliai and Jackson did a good enough job today. The pass rush will come from schematics that spring from shutting the run down with three linemen. Nolan will not show those cards now. If Soli and Jackson do their job, we will have an improved pass rush.

I know it's preseason and I can see improvement against the run but I'm still holding out that we will generate a pass rush. I think it's going to involve alot of scheming to generate pass rush since we don't have a proven pass rusher at the present time.

Any defenive guy will tell you that could (COULD) be the case, but I mean I'm seeing zero so far. Generating will mean little if you see nothing at all in the vanilla fronts. If it were there you'd see glimpses of it. Mainly we will have more opportunities to rush the passer with the strong run defense, but its looking seriously as though those opportunities may have to be a BBDB type of hybrid which could be our saving grace. Stoked about the run defense though.

SERIOUSLY EXCITED about the run defense.

Any defenive guy will tell you that could (COULD) be the case, but I mean I'm seeing zero so far. Generating will mean little if you see nothing at all in the vanilla fronts. If it were there you'd see glimpses of it. Mainly we will have more opportunities to rush the passer with the strong run defense, but its looking seriously as though those opportunities may have to be a BBDB type of hybrid which could be our saving grace. Stoked about the run defense though.

SERIOUSLY EXCITED about the run defense.

Agreed, I'm still hoping that these young DE's we have drafted the past few years can finally come into their own as legitimate pass rushers, I HOPE!!

That you have. I think you are correct. I would like one more move to be made somehow to get a pass rusher but I'm just speaking in the wind now.

Paul and Jop are great stories im just not ready to crown them by any means, and before that curtis was an above avg lb, and spoon when ever health was ok, but we never had a really good lb since smitty has been here