New Law Requires Welfare Recipients To Submit Sweat To Prove How Hard They're Looking For A Job

Mr. Hoopah!

New Law Requires Welfare Recipients To Submit Sweat To Prove How Hard They’re Looking For Job

News in BriefEconomyjobspoorgovernmentlawNews ISSUE 50•31 • Aug 6, 2014

700.jpg?3025

WASHINGTON— In an effort to ensure that those on welfare are actively seeking employment, a new law enacted this week will require recipients of federal aid to periodically submit vials of sweat for measurement by government officials. “We want to make sure that our resources are allocated only to those who are deserving of assistance, which is why all welfare recipients must now prove they have exerted themselves past the point of perspiration during their job searches,” said United States Department of Labor representative Elizabeth Bronson, who added that each month, in order to collect benefit checks, welfare recipients will have to wring out their sweat into official government vials before mailing them in for analysis. “These new stipulations will guarantee that people on welfare are out there every day hitting the streets trying to find employment, working up a good sweat, and not returning home at night until beads of perspiration are dripping off of them.” According to reports, Congress is also considering a law that would require those receiving food stamps to send in recordings of their family’s stomachs growling.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-law-requires-welfare-recipients-to-submit-swea,36626/

And here is one from the non-satirical side:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/08/07/3468610/tennessee-welfare-drug-test-positive/

"In July, Tennessee began a drug testing program for applicants to the state’s welfare program. Since then, just one person has tested positive out of more than 800."

Well, at least they're not wasting tax dollars on something stupid like tomahawk missiles that'll never be used.

They sub it out to a contractor. That's what our government does! They are very inefficient or haven't you heard?

kGfoq.gif

courtesy of NYG4

Yep by the time you follow the Gov't waste trail it comes out to 8600.47 per vial. Not to worry , there are new people running for office that say they are going to trim the fat as soon as they get to Washington. Thats how it works up here in the frozen north as well.

Exactly. Having worked in around DC for over 50 years WFW has heard the same nonsense from politicians and its never changed. When working in the Telecom industry as an engineer designer (top secret clearance) the Gov would hire me to survey a job for DOD and I would walk around with a gov official with the same credentials as I (who was making over 6 figures) to perform the tasks he was supposed to perform. This is just one of the many examples WFW could tell you about. The list I have seen would go on for ever and ever! Waste knows no boundary in the Gov!

kGfoq.gif

courtesy of NYG4

A client of mine has a mechanical company that has top clearances to do work in some sensitive buildings and without telling you which ones he just got a contract for servicing sprinkler heads in a certain bldg. 750.000.00 per yr, he basically sends an employee there for a 4 hr walk through once a month for that. He showed me a letter where they recommended that the contract be extended to a 5 yr deal with an option for another 5 and a price review. They said they were extremely happy with the service ? and that the price was much better than the last company that had the contract. So , sounds like someones brother had the last contract , but you talk about ridiculous, if you have a connection you are in the money!

Who defended them?

And put your bullet away Barney. You cry when someone hits back.

Dude, I've had you and the other Nads reachin around for years coppin feels and it's never bothered me a bit, but you're not gonna call me or anyone else pedophiles. Sorry, I know you hate it, but deal with it bro ;)