Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padawan Knight

Dc Vs Marvel

310 posts in this topic

I need to keep a better eye on this thread haha.

My only question for DC fans is why does everyone who is a DC fan believe Superman is the greatest everything?

for instance the hulk vs superman fights, I will give credit as I believe sups can win. what everyone states that if some do not believe sups can win they go into the superman prime argument....

I believe this new superman decided to sunbath for 15000 years while everyone on earth dies while he sits there and watches... he basically becomes invincible and goes to search for the last green lantern ring....

why is it that DC comics makes a hero like this? someone who cannot be destroyed in the dc world and is just overly too powerful because at this point he is a selfish jerkoff who watched earth destroy itself so he could become all powerful... lame.

as you can tell i'm not a DC fan at all.

and lets use this fight as a for instance that everyone claims sups will easily win.

Goku vs Superman

goku is not human, he is an alien so does this mean that he cannot go toe to toe with sups on any given time? I do not believe so, two aliens fighting(who both can seem pretty indestructible if you think about it).

all the superman fanboys clamor over the fact that no one can beat superman prime it is just impossible, but why is it? goku is an alien from an alternate universe who has the abilities in his fingertips to destroy galaxies.

all the dbz fanboys will just go on and on about goku being the best because of his abilities and raw power.

I am asking you guys, without any death battle info but your own info on why you think sups or goku would win this. I personally believe goku would come out on top. but then again I am not at all a fan of DC comics.

the only marvel characters I believe could easily kills sups is Franklin Richards.

Hey man.....You do realise it's fiction....right? It comes down to which one you are a bigger fan of most of the time.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but my guess is that DC vs Marvel fandom is divided by age to a large extent.

Marvel has done an amazing job over the last several years with it's live action movies and because of that the 25 and younger crowd seems to be largely Marvel fans.

I'm 46 years old and I grew up on Super Friends, Adam West, and Christopher Reeves so DC characters are like family to me.

As a kid the only Marvel character that was as popular as the DC guys was Spidey and as a result, I'm also a huge Spidey fan.

Having said that DC really needs to elevate it's game and I think that you are going to see that over the next several years.

Back to Disney Marvel movies, I enjoyed the Thanos explaination as well as the Kevin Fegie interview.

I like both companies and will watch the movies. DC has just done a terrible job telling their heroes stories outside of nolans version of batman. I liked man of steel as it was a huge leap over superman returns. Marvel/disney has just done a superb job building their characters up. Too little too late for DC imo

Hey man.....You do realise it's fiction....right? It comes down to which one you are a bigger fan of most of the time.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but my guess is that DC vs Marvel fandom is divided by age to a large extent.

Marvel has done an amazing job over the last several years with it's live action movies and because of that the 25 and younger crowd seems to be largely Marvel fans.

I'm 46 years old and I grew up on Super Friends, Adam West, and Christopher Reeves so DC characters are like family to me.

As a kid the only Marvel character that was as popular as the DC guys was Spidey and as a result, I'm also a huge Spidey fan.

Having said that DC really needs to elevate it's game and I think that you are going to see that over the next several years.

Back to Disney Marvel movies, I enjoyed the Thanos explaination as well as the Kevin Fegie interview.

yes I am aware this is fiction.

but it is fun to talk about right?

my life does not revolve around it i promise. :)

Flip Wilson likes this

I'm gonna buy a doll for my daughter when they bring them out.

make sure you get a batman doll with his lover robin.

i mean seriously

a billionaire who has a male butler(just one mind you in that big a$$ mansion) and a boy sidekick who goes with him everywhere....

do you not see the oddness in this?

at least tony stark(iron man) has a computer entity as his butler(and in some instances give credit just the one butler that we see also same name) Jarvis.

not to mention all the ladies he seems to seduce on a weekly basis.

batman wishes he was like iron man.

and sups couldn't even polish thors hammer.

I like both companies and will watch the movies. DC has just done a terrible job telling their heroes stories outside of nolans version of batman. I liked man of steel as it was a huge leap over superman returns. Marvel/disney has just done a superb job building their characters up. Too little too late for DC imo

I would agree with you in the area of live action movies. I liked Man of Steel a good bit but it is still not on the level with Avengers or Guardians. I'm optimistic about DC going forward. If they can do as well with live action movies as they have done with animated movies and TV shows...they will be fine.

I would agree with you in the area of live action movies. I liked Man of Steel a good bit but it is still not on the level with Avengers or Guardians. I'm optimistic about DC going forward. If they can do as well with live action movies as they have done with animated movies and TV shows...they will be fine.

well if you can continue with Nolan producing the movies you will be ok.

The only way DC can really fight against marvel now is with Justice League. I'm honestly not so sure this new Batman v Superman movie will be able to take the cake away from marvel at this point.

isn't Batman v Superman coming out around the same time as Star Wars VII?

Superman vs Hulk

lol if the hulk beats standard superman be on the lookout for hulk cannot beat superman prime.

but really mf if hulk does defeat superman it will be on who is writing the story. I personally think he can defeat him 2 out of 5 battles (because hulk is just rage and doesn't use his intellect to fight)

My advice to Clark would be....stay out of Hulks grip.

he did rip wolverine in half and ate his legs or something like that, so maybe he could rip the man of steel in half.

he did rip wolverine in half and ate his legs or something like that, so maybe he could rip the man of steel in half.

Well....Wolverines tissue really isn't any stronger than normal tissue, it just has the ability to regenerate itself...so it should be easy to tear him apart, you just can't keep him apart.biggrin.png

Heat vision brain fry brings down the not-so-jolly green giant.

I wonder if heat vision would work on his skin since bullets have zero affect on him and even big artillery shells just stun him.

Why do heroes still wear capes? It was handy for George Reeves as it helped with the flying illusion, but now they just look goofy.

I think it becomes so much a part of certain characters looks that it is hard for me to see them without them..... I guess they didn't learn anything from the Incredibles.

I wonder if heat vision would work on his skin since bullets have zero affect on him and even big artillery shells just stun him.

Heat doesn't need to break the surface to penetrate.....but is what's inside vulnerable?