Falcons Next On Deadspin's "why Your Team Sucks"

FalconAge

Deadspin, the blog that broke the Manti Teo hoax story and other scandals, does a series each year on the 32 NFL teams. Lead writer Drew Margery does most of the article himself, but opens it up for fans of the team he is insulting to contribute reasons to hate their favorite team. It's hit or miss humor-wise but I get a kick out of hearing life-long fans badmouth their own squad.

I'm sure the folks here can contribute some pretty good stuff-

Email Drew at drew@deadspin.com

The most recent one, the Colts

http://deadspin.com/...full (Deadspin)

The 2013 edition for the Falcons

http://deadspin.com/...cons-1000311373

My favorite part of the 2013 edition:

"Not that this matters at all to Arthur Blank. Blank just got $200 million in public funds to tear down the Georgia Dome (only 21 years old and in perfectly good condition) to build a luxury stadium that looks like a pile of Magformers my kid dropped on the floor. Because Falcons fans just weren't QUIET enough before! Let's pacify them a little more with bigger TV screens and soundproof lounges! What the **** does Arthur Blank need $200 million to build a new stadium for? He owns Home Depot. How about you drive your *** down to one of your ****** stores like the rest of us and wait nine years for a helper to cut lumber for you on the table saw, Arthur? You 1930s movie villain-looking ***********. I bet Blank spends his free time tying damsels to railroad tracks."

Edited by FalconAge

...The reactions by people on the board are funnier. They take it sooo seriously. lol

Followed by:

Blank wanted a new stadium so we could host superbowls. Of course the GA dome is in good condition but Atlanta is miserable for sports so we needed something exciting like this.

Like this is the **** I'm talking about.

"Dimitroff's ability to miss on defensive talent up front (Peria Jerry, Jamaal Anderson, Ray Edwards) is nothing short of astonishing."

Really? Clueless and not even funny. Not to mention the Arthur Black "villain" and "mob boss" comparisons are played out.

Like this is the **** I'm talking about.

"Dimitroff's ability to miss on defensive talent up front (Peria Jerry, Jamaal Anderson, Ray Edwards) is nothing short of astonishing."

Really? Clueless and not even funny. Not to mention the Arthur Black "villain" and "mob boss" comparisons are played out.

To be fair, although a lot of this is bad, some of it is pretty good.

The comment from "Dave" toward the end summed up my lifetime of watching the Falcons pretty well.