Interesting Tidbit Our Nfl Scout Said About Worrilow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On hard knocks during the slo mo of the Oklahoma drill he looked so intense and focused, like he wanted to go to war with the man in front of him and he was going to be the victorious gladiator. He might have been whipped in that drill but he certainly looked the part before the start. It's nice to see some intensity from all of our guys.

He didn't get whipped, they cut up the footage between him and another linebacker who was being washed out, maybe Dobbins or Spruill?

Smith certainly looks the part though. He is lean and chiseled in a way that few of our guys are.

The person he should study/try to emulate is James Harrison.

Like Smith, Harrison was undrafted, lacked ideal height (6 ft. tall), and ran a slow 40. 5.2 vs. Smith's 4.9. Harrison was cut more than once, but kept coming back and eventually went on to become one of the greatest linebackers in Steelers history.

Unlike Harrison, Smith is apparently a sweetheart off the field.

https://www.youtube....h?v=JcRxcaIv8a0

Harrison on the other hand, is a psychopath, as viewers of last year's Hard Knocks can attest.

Fun fact: Harrison estimates he spends 400 to 600k each year just to maintain his body. He does diet, supplements, daily massage, hyperbaric chamber, and everything else you can imagine.

He didn't get whipped, they cut up the footage between him and another linebacker who was being washed out, maybe Dobbins or Spruill?

Smith certainly looks the part though. He is lean and chiseled in a way that few of our guys are.

The person he should study/try to emulate is James Harrison.

Like Smith, Harrison was undrafted, lacked ideal height (6 ft. tall), and ran a slow 40. 5.2 vs. Smith's 4.9. Harrison was cut more than once, but kept coming back and eventually went on to become one of the greatest linebackers in Steelers history.

Unlike Harrison, Smith is apparently a sweetheart off the field.

https://www.youtube....h?v=JcRxcaIv8a0

Harrison on the other hand, is a psychopath, as viewers of last year's Hard Knocks can attest.

Fun fact: Harrison estimates he spends 400 to 600k each year just to maintain his body. He does diet, supplements, daily massage, hyperbaric chamber, and everything else you can imagine.

Interesting. I absolutely hate saying an UDFA before preseason is going t be anything. But with smith, I just see a "dude" factor. A swagger and intensity that translates well to a successfull nfl career. He does remind me of a young Harrison in that way. Great news is plenty of good OLBs that pass rush have been UDFAs or late rounders. But where I'm reserved in my pronouncement of his being a nfl caliber player is can he he marry the "dude " factor with production. Simply put you can be a bully but if you can't reach the QB you're just a bully.

He does interest me, greatly.

To contrast him to an existing player, I'll use Kroy. Kroy has this bad azz reputation. But you don't see that in his game play. In his game play you see an average role player. No swagger. No I'm getting in the head of OL or QBs

Tuggle when I first got to that VI area I was standing there next to the door where the players come out and the door opened and Worrilow walked out slowly with this intense look on his face as he scanned the practice field. Looking at him the theme to The Dark Night started playing in my head.

Tuggle when I first got to that VI area I was standing there next to the door where the players come out and the door opened and Worrilow walked out slowly with this intense look on his face as he scanned the practice field. Looking at him the theme to The Dark Night started playing in my head.

Ewwww. DC comics? Yuck.

On attitude alone, he may just be what we need. IF he can make the team...

I like the guys attitude etc but yea it will be hard

someone???? "released" a 4-2-5 depth chart a couple of days ago

note

RDE Bierman, Osi, Maponga, J Smith, Agnew

LDE Babs, Mass, Goodman, Starr. May

Just not going to be easy to crack into thosewhen they normally keep about 5/6 DEs

Pulling for Smith the same way I pulled for Wor and Bartu. I think he has a real shot especially since Spruill went down... I believe Worrilow is special too. He hasn't overcome his odds because he was lucky. Go back and look at his film... Just watch him and don't get all caught up in the small school hype. He was a fing beast! But what makes him so dangerous is that he is extremely smart & driven. He refuses to fail. I cannot wait to see him and Bartu behind our new Dline.

This logic makes no sense. If they didn't have to use a draft pick then why would they?

thing is if he was drafted he belongs to ATL

BUT if non drafted He's FREE to sign with anyone --Falcons are lucky he decided to sign with them

of course I do not know if he had other offers

He seems really intelligent. I wish that former falcon Chuck Smith (who worked with Strahan and Osi, practically MADE Haynesworth) could work with him on his pass rush repertoire.

If we got Chuck Smith in then I'm sure he would have MUCH bigger priorities. :D