Forbes: Atlanta The Most Miserable Sports City

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though New York does have the history of the Yankees and the Giants, I still have seen some pretty miserable New York fans.

Same goes for Dallas fans.

The Knicks are the most overrated franchise in sports history.

It is the most miserable fan's. In other words, people disappointed with their local sports teams. It is not about the most miserable people in general.

Well yall boys already know I'm a Georgia Homer. Been watching every Georgia team since the mid sixties. We have had some issues but we are nowhere near the most miserable city.

Falcons - five out of six winning seasons. Four out of the last six play off berths. Two divisions Championships

Hawks - seven straight playoff seasons. Took the number one seed to the brink last year

Braves - struggling but 514-410 (.556) over the last six years

Dream - Tops in the conference. Third best league record. Appeared in three of the last four Championships

Our fans may suck, our teams may suck, but plenty teams suck worse. Trust me. Rise mofos. Atlanta has good sports teams.

It is the most miserable fan's. In other words, people disappointed with their local sports teams. It is not about the most miserable people in general.

I'm not talking about most miserable people in general. New York/New Jersey is quick to turn on their teams, probably worse than most fans of other teams.

For example, The Giants won the SB in 2011 season. They failed to make the playoffs and many of their fans already want their 2x SB MVP QB and 2X SB winning HC gone in the worst way. Many sports fans of other teams would kill to have that no matter what.

Falcons fans are really more frustrated but not miserable like some have said in this thread.

I'm not talking about most miserable people in general. New York/New Jersey is quick to turn on their teams, probably worse than most fans of other teams.

For example, The Giants won the SB in 2011 season. They failed to make the playoffs and many of their fans already want their 2x SB MVP QB and 2X SB winning HC gone in the worst way. Many sports fans of other teams would kill to have that no matter what.

Falcons fans are really more frustrated but not miserable like some have said in this thread.

No one is saying they don't have miserable fans either. But what you said is that NY/NJ fans are used to winning teams but they are miserable when really they are spoiled. You are moving the proverbial goal posts. There is a difference between being spoiled vs being disappointed every year. As you stated, they have championship teams.

How many does Atlanta have?

Edited by Objective Critic

Whatcha gotta understand is that Atlanta Sports are newborn babies as compared to other sports cities. It just doesn't bother me. I do remember when the Falcons and Braves shared the same field. I do remember when the Falcons would get blacked-out on a consistent basis. But hey, we continue to compete and attract all sorts of business to Atlanta. Two new stadiums going up in about 3 years....why would we be a miserable sports town?

Well yall boys already know I'm a Georgia Homer. Been watching every Georgia team since the mid sixties. We have had some issues but we are nowhere near the most miserable city.

Falcons - five out of six winning seasons. Four out of the last six play off berths. Two divisions Championships

Hawks - seven straight playoff seasons. Took the number one seed to the brink last year

Braves - struggling but 514-410 (.556) over the last six years

Dream - Tops in the conference. Third best league record. Appeared in three of the last four Championships

Our fans may suck, our teams may suck, but plenty teams suck worse. Trust me. Rise mofos. Atlanta has good sports teams.

Sure Atlanta has good sports teams. The article is about fans being miserable because the teams failed to win the top championship in their respective sport.

Let's be honest here, no one give a crap about a division title. That may be great between divisional rivalries and qualifying for the playoffs, but no one, fan or player, think that their football team's goal is to win the division title. It's a nice consolation prize at best.

No one is saying they don't have miserable fans either. But what you said is that NY/NJ fans are used to winning teams but they are miserable when really they are spoiled. You are moving the proverbial goal posts. There is a difference between being spoiled vs being disappointed every year. As you stated, they have championship teams.

How many does Atlanta have?

I'm not really moving the goal post, fans can still be miserable despite having a history of success. Cleveland Browns is really one of the most storied franchises in NFL history but have not done much in 30 years. Bills lost 4 straight SBs although they had huge success in the 90s. There are many miserable Dallas fans due to Jerry Jones still being GM and causing the Cowboys to not have any notable success in about 20 years.

I don't view constantly being disappointed as the only way of being miserable. Teams can still have a history of winning championships but end up being miserable.