Gabe Carimi Seems Secure Despite Injury

theProf

Was so glad to hear it was just a sprained ankle. I was pretty worried it might be his knee again. I have pretty high hopes for Carimi. I've even wondered if after a year on the team if he continues to improve if he could be a possible starter at LG in the future. Fingers crossed he keeps improving either way.

I anticipate hearing his name during cuts.

I'm thinking practice squad...

I don't think trouble will find us if one guy goes down... look at the last game of the season, where we gave up 9 sacks to Carolina... the Oline was Holmes, Blalock, Hawley, Gunn and Schraeder... all together, completely inept. But one guy or the other could probably keep pace if the rest of the guys stay healthy. I think that's where a lot of the negative perception came from last year... when we had them all together. Separately, I think Schraeder, Hawley, Gunn and maybe even Holmes are competent backups...

At the moment, I think I'd rather see Schraeder at RT... It seems that there's a few articles that mentioned Carimi as a terrible Tackle, but competent Guard...

Yeah, he failed terribly at all attempts to play him at both tackle positions. Maybe it was due to the injury, who knows? I really liked Carimi coming out of college though. I am hoping Tice can get him back on track. Maybe live up to his draft status one day.

His scouting report just screams "camp body". I have no idea what that one guy see's in him. I tried to watch what video there was of him and came away extremely unimpressed.

Honestly, this is terrible. Hawley, Konz, Gunn, Stone... they're all backups; some third stringers. But none scream "Starting NFL Center" to me... :(

At the moment, I think I'd rather see Schraeder at RT... It seems that there's a few articles that mentioned Carimi as a terrible Tackle, but competent Guard...

I could live with that.

His scouting report just screams "camp body". I have no idea what that one guy see's in him. I tried to watch what video there was of him and came away extremely unimpressed.

The same thing people see out of anyone. Sight unseen. Something new.

Yeah, he failed terribly at all attempts to play him at both tackle positions. Maybe it was due to the injury, who knows? I really liked Carimi coming out of college though. I am hoping Tice can get him back on track. Maybe live up to his draft status one day.

According to what I read from Tice, Schraeder is the swing tackle...

Funny. R the Great has me looking forward to seeing stone on Friday Night... :)

Honestly, this is terrible. Hawley, Konz, Gunn, Stone... they're all backups; some third stringers. But none scream "Starting NFL Center" to me... sad.png

I somewhat agree. I do think Hawley's play down the stretch last year warrants me to at least see what he's got this year. Will it work out? I don't know. I am certainly hoping it does. Can't be any worse than Konz last year though.

I somewhat agree. I do think Hawley's play down the stretch last year warrants me to at least see what he's got this year. Will it work out? I don't know. I am certainly hoping it does. Can't be any worse than Konz last year though.

I'm actually fixin' to reserve all judgements from now until I actually see them on the field against another team's pass rushers...

Best case scenario to me is that carimi returns to his former tough self in college, we either see baker get broke down like a cheap watch with injuries (likely), move jake to LT and cut baker's expensive and unreliable azz next year and line the bear Jew at RT and jake at LT

And yes I've never been a Baker fan. I understood the drafting of him (we needed somebody and run on OTs in 08); I understood the re-signing--no FAs available. But overall I think he's been ok when healthy.

IMO Carimi shoulda been a RT all along. And if healthy, since he's young still, him and Jaje could be nice bookends.