Happy Days Are Here Again!

sw_ga_falcon

A year and a half ago i was laid off and my department outsourced to another company so "money could be saved and reallocated to more necessary departments". I worked in IT for a local school system and after we rebuilt the whole system and took them from novell to full microsoft and helped them win an award for excellency in 21st century classrooms they decided to outsource IT maintenance to a company called VARTEK out of ohio( school is in Georgia...Brilliant right!)they decided that since we built such a good infrastructure they figured that it was "ridiculous to continue paying high salaries for just maintenance, since we wont need to upgrade for several years."hahaha

well today i started working for a ga state agency in IT relieveing a long time of stress and im relieved i will be able to watch my falcons as i can afford directtv again. funny thing is im making almost 18k more a year now and that school system is looking for a way out of the contract with the outsourced company because of poor service. hahahahaha.

A year and a half ago i was laid off and my department outsourced to another company so "money could be saved and reallocated to more necessary departments". I worked in IT for a local school system and after we rebuilt the whole system and took them from novell to full microsoft and helped them win an award for excellency in 21st century classrooms they decided to outsource IT maintenance to a company called VARTEK out of ohio( school is in Georgia...Brilliant right!)they decided that since we built such a good infrastructure they figured that it was "ridiculous to continue paying high salaries for just maintenance, since we wont need to upgrade for several years."hahaha

well today i started working for a ga state agency in IT relieveing a long time of stress and im relieved i will be able to watch my falcons as i can afford directtv again. funny thing is im making almost 18k more a year now and that school system is looking for a way out of the contract with the outsourced company because of poor service. hahahahaha.

Congrats!

Funny you mention Vartek. They recently took over our hosted voice service implementation. I am not impressed so far.

You might want to start looking in other sectors of IT or another tech field outside of IT. I do think companies are moving to less sysadmins.

This!

Data centers are being moved to the cloud to reduce costs operations costs.

Come to the development side!!! Come to the dark side!