Hawley Is Doing This Because The Coaches Want Him Too

This probably does not need its own thread, but I have a hunch, pure speculation:

The coaches want some meanness, so I bet they "planted" Hawley to pick some fights. Irritate his brothers, get under their skin. Hawley is tapped to be the leader of the OL, so I bet the coaches are hoping the line will go as he goes.

Reminds me of some other "dirtbags" we used to have here.

And I know, sorry for adding another Hawley post, but I was late to the party on some of the others.

Nothing is outside the realm of possibility, but my hunch is he is enraged by all the criticism of him and all the media talk about how soft our O line was last year...but I would not put it past Tice and Cox what you suggested LOL ....

I think they have a mole on each side. Beirman is the mole on the defensive side. wink.png

There's a big difference between getting up in someone's face, and actually taking a swing at them. Just ask Hageman.

With that said, I'm sure the coaching staff is pleased to see so much intensity and passion from those guys. After watching them sloth around last year and let rookies take cheap shots on our QB.

Hawley was the fat kid in school that constantly got picked on until one day he realized he was bigger than most and decided that no one was going to take his corn bread again. Or, as one poster eloquently stated before, he wasn't loved enough as a child.

There's a big difference between getting up in someone's face, and actually taking a swing at them. Just ask Hageman.

With that said, I'm sure the coaching staff is pleased to see so much intensity and passion from those guys. After watching them sloth around last year and let rookies take cheap shots on our QB.

I see what you are saying, but MOST fights are really just slapping a guy upside the helmet and then going to the ground or being broken up by a mob. You usually do not take a close-fisted swing at a guy in his gear.

Hawley actually had a few blowups in college (in games and practices)....he's just VERY fiery, which is something you're born with or not, but he does need to be reeled in every once in a while...that said, this isn't something you guys should be ashamed of, that's for sure. It isn't the worst PR to get out there either...

Nothing is outside the realm of possibility, but my hunch is he is enraged by all the criticism of him and all the media talk about how soft our O line was last year...but I would not put it past Tice and Cox what you suggested LOL ....

Think is closer to reality. He didn't like Blank the owner of the dang team calling them all weak.

Who won the fight by the way ? I heard it was against a safety so I am glad Hawley picked on some one his own size . As mike tice says , Hawley is a little guy

Mike Tice also says that Hawley is one of the better pulling interior linemen that he's ever coached...Tice LIKES Hawley....your quote makes it seem otherwise...

The fact that you're hating on Hawley makes it seem as though you're related Konz or Stone...because Hawley is clearly better than both right now.

Mike Tice also says that Hawley is one of the better pulling interior linemen that he's ever coached...Tice LIKES Hawley....your quote makes it seem otherwise...

The fact that you're hating on Hawley makes it seem as though you're related Konz or Stone...because Hawley is clearly better than both right now.

he's actually fallen in love with james stonewalled. it's like a moth to the flame, he just can't NOT say stuff about the man who is going to be the starter instead of his man crush

This probably does not need its own thread, but I have a hunch, pure speculation:

The coaches want some meanness, so I bet they "planted" Hawley to pick some fights. Irritate his brothers, get under their skin. Hawley is tapped to be the leader of the OL, so I bet the coaches are hoping the line will go as he goes.

Reminds me of some other "dirtbags" we used to have here.

And I know, sorry for adding another Hawley post, but I was late to the party on some of the others.

I think its a little of both.

you do realize he is bigger than Stone, rite?

http://www.nfl.com/d...tone?id=2543861

As you were saying? Video proof is there also if you would like me to show you as well.

Sorry this is Hawley's link too

http://www.nfl.com/c...awley?id=497012

And Mike Tice did call Hawley little. So let's not act like I am the one calling him little when our own Offensive line coach is calling that. Also, for Mike Tice to say he is a good pulling lineman, will benefit all of what? We actually need an offensive line that can pass protect and run block. That means, head to head battles, one on one.

Edited by R_The_Great

http://www.nfl.com/d...tone?id=2543861

As you were saying? Video proof is there also if you would like me to show you as well.

Sorry is Hawley's link too

http://www.nfl.com/c...awley?id=497012

And Mike Tice did call Hawley little. So let's not act like I am the one calling him little when our own Offensive line coach is calling that. Also, for Mike Tice to say he is a good pulling lineman, will benefit all of what? We actually need an offensive line that can pass protect and run block. That means, head to head battles, one on one.

Centers pull on run plays and some screens so...yeah...

The OP's premise is mistaken. Hawley had no wish to be in a fight, as Smitty made it clear in advance that anyone fighting would be ejected. In fact, Hawley took three punches to the face but backed off and didn't throw any of his own so as not to be ejected. It happened anyway because he was in the middle of things and was already on probation.

Of course, there's little doubt that Joe provoked the punches. That's just how he rolls.