Kemal Ishmael

In light of the whole safety situation with Lowery's health being in question and Southward not quite being ready he may be our go to guy. He's been receiving come acclaim from Vaughn McClure and even Willy Mo. With McClain doing some double duty at safety and if Ishmael is as solid as advertised we should be serviceable at least at the FS position.

If Ishmael steps up and plays well, that's a sure sign that this season is going to be the opposite of last year, when we couldn't get a break. Knuckleheads fighting each other notwithstanding, I'm hoping to get a good vibe out of this training camp and exhibition season. Man, we really need no significant injuries before game #1. I'll either be excited on Saturday morning or still waiting for that sign of optimism.

You guys really like your 7th round picks. All I hear is praise for these late round picks. Let's see them in real competition before we start praising how we they are doing in practice.

being as tho practice is all we have to go by what else is there to judge off of? and the "praise" u speak of came from a beat writer and a teammate not the board

I am pretty intrigued by him. At UCF he played DB and S so you'd think he would be solid in coverage, but his biggest question so far is can he cover. He said he is now 10lbs lighter than last season so hopefully he has improved some in coverage. And even he came out and said he prefers SS, but he will play FS. No question the dude can thump and is a solid tackler, but its something to monitor.

Our D line isn't going to be so good that we can just stick anyone back at FS. It will make that players job easier for sure, but we cant just put a SS back there because we added 3 big men to the D line.