An Open Letter To Mr. Lowery.

Thank you for participating in Atlanta Falcons training camp. But I think your head is a lot more important than the game of football. I hope you saved some money. But your concussion history is enough to make me realize you are not going to make it to the end of the season. If you'd like to hang around and give some of your diagnostic analysis to our younger players, you are more than welcome. Again, thank you for participating in Atlanta Falcons training camp, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

db2k

Am I the only one tired of seeing an "open letter to (insert name here)" posted every day?

Anyways, the guy needs to seriously consider his health before taking another snap.

If he decides to stay and play or walk away, I support either decision.

Um, why don't we just wait and see what happens instead of just writing him off? smh

This seems to be your consensus in every thread. What can we talk about while we are waiting to see 17 weeks to finally draw a valid conclusion on various topics? It is the preseason. Have some fun with it. We are on HBO tomorrow!

This seems to be your consensus in every thread. What can we talk about while we are waiting to see 17 weeks to finally draw a valid conclusion on various topics? It is the preseason. Have some fun with it. We are on HBO tomorrow!

Talking about it is fine. I just don't see the point is assuming the worst case scenario. I mean, this.is.a.good.bye.thread. It's a good bye letter to a player that's being put on IR and/or retiring. Isn't that just a tad bit presumptuous?

Talking about it is fine. I just don't see the point is assuming the worst case scenario. I mean, this.is.a.good.bye.thread. It's a good bye letter to a player that's being put on IR and/or retiring. Isn't that just a tad bit presumptuous?

I understand. No one knows which concussion is too many until they retire. Was it the last one...or the next one? Inform the player, and respect their decision. That's all the league can do imho.