Guardians Of The Galaxy Movie

Is this movie serious or a comedy? I saw comparisons to Star Wars but with the dude from Parks & Rec and a ******* Raccoon being a couple of the leaders that's got me thinking comedy.

Somehow I've missed every single preview/trailer for this movie so I honestly have no idea...

Just left the theater. Most fun I've had watching a movie since I was 9 and saw Jurassic Park 6 times in the theater.

The comparisons to Star Wars are legit (it was way better than SW) and if the new movies are even half as good as this one was I might consider actually watching them.

2nd best Marvel movie ever after The Winter Soldier.

Edited by Shotty Nice

Think it's okay for a five year old? He's a mature five.

I saw it w/ my 5 year old and 7 year old, and felt is was pretty age appropriate. The worst thing said in the entire movie is something no kid would understand. The whole "Jackson Pollock painting" thing.

Just saw it, and yeah most of the really inappropriate stuff will sail over their heads.

Also, great movie. There have not been many great comic book movies (I'm not a fan of the genre, so that doesn't help), but this was great. Very different; refreshingly original; and yeah, parts of the ending sequence were hysterical. Only complaint is that the opening scene is kind of clunky.

Just saw it, and most of the reallyHopefully propriate stuff will sail over their heads.

Also, great movie. There have not been many great comic book movies (I'm not a fan of the genre, so that doesn't help), but this was great. Very different; refreshingly original; and yeah, parts of the ending sequence were hysterical. Only complaint is that the opening scene is kind of clunky.

Yeah my buddy said the same thing. Little kid crying as his mom lays dying then BOOM alien abduction. Hopefully it'll later be better explained by the "star lord's dad is an alien" subplot that'll probably be in the next one.

Just saw it, and yeah most of the really inappropriate stuff will sail over their heads.

I am willing to bet there was a little more and it ended up on the cutting room floor due to time considerations

Didn't Michael Rooker's character mention at the end about how Star Lord's dad is the one who asked them to come pick him up and bring him back to him? I'm guessing his dad (who I won't mention here but know from the comics), learned of Meredith Quill's cancer, and hired The Ravagers to get his son.

Didn't Michael Rooker's character mention at the end about how Star Lord's dad is the one who asked them to come pick him up and bring him back to him? I'm guessing his dad (who I won't mention here but know from the comics), learned of Meredith Quill's cancer, and hired The Ravagers to get his son.

he did but they didn't get into any deep detail about his dad.

I'm shocked that the Jackson Pollock line made it past the censors, frankly. Actually, there are a lot of things that I'm shocked made it past the censors for a PG13 movie.

Why? It's innuendo. That's nothing in a PG13 movie nowadays. Tony Stark told a kid to not be p###y about his dad leaving in Iron Man 3

Why? It's innuendo. That's nothing in a PG13 movie nowadays. Tony Stark told a kid to not be p###y about his dad leaving in Iron Man 3

Maybe because I'm old and I remember that stuff like that would never have been part of a PG13 movie back in the day. Not saying that you're wrong, just saying that I'm shocked that a lot of that stuff made it past censors for PG13. Back in the late 1980s, this would have been an "R" rated movie, hands down.

Again, it's a great movie and I highly recommend it. I just didn't realize how much the standards for the various ratings had shifted over the past several years.