Leadership

atljbo

Too little, too late if you ask me.

Bye Spoon.

That would be dumb IMHO. You give him a low contract extension like Carolina did with Thomas Davis after his injuries. You get a high caliber player for a cheap price if he can get his career back on track.

That would be dumb IMHO. You give him a low contract extension like Carolina did with Thomas Davis after his injuries. You get a high caliber player for a cheap price if he can get his career back on track.

him being a high caliber player is simply opinion. It wouldn't be dumb at all. This season will make 20+ games he has missed the last 3 seasons. If it was any other player, you guys would call him a bust. I don't understand why spoon gets a pass. I've read so much about his numbers. Compared to other linebackers, he's in the middle of the pack. I'm not knocking your opinion but I honestly don't agree that he is anywhere near being a high quality player

him being a high caliber player is simply opinion. It wouldn't be dumb at all. This season will make 20+ games he has missed the last 3 seasons. If it was any other player, you guys would call him a bust. I don't understand why spoon gets a pass. I've read so much about his numbers. Compared to other linebackers, he's in the middle of the pack. I'm not knocking your opinion but I honestly don't agree that he is anywhere near being a high quality player

I used Thomas Davis as an example because everybody thought he was done after multiple injuries. People even said it was a shame for his career to end like that. Carolina gave him a contract at $700k and let him compete for a spot. That paid enormous dividends for them. Why would we not do something similar with Spoon? I wasn't saying extend him with Pro Bowl type money. I was saying give him a small contract and let him compete. Maybe Bartu, Worrilow, Shembo, Biermann, and Mass own the LBer rotation. A healthy Spoon is better than any LBer we would sign for a $1m 1 year deal. If he's not, he won't make the roster and we lose nothing since players coming off multiple consecutive season ending injuries in the last 2 years of their contract do not get much guaranteed, if anything at all.

I used Thomas Davis as an example because everybody thought he was done after multiple injuries. People even said it was a shame for his career to end like that. Carolina gave him a contract at $700k and let him compete for a spot. That paid enormous dividends for them. Why would we not do something similar with Spoon? I wasn't saying extend him with Pro Bowl type money. I was saying give him a small contract and let him compete. Maybe Bartu, Worrilow, Shembo, Biermann, and Mass own the LBer rotation. A healthy Spoon is better than any LBer we would sign for a $1m 1 year deal. If he's not, he won't make the roster and we lose nothing since players coming off multiple consecutive season ending injuries in the last 2 years of their contract do not get much guaranteed, if anything at all.

Now ALL that is true, but you forgot one thing. Our GM is TD so Spoon would probably get a "Baker" type contract.

I know what you were saying and I never implied that you said anything else. My post was disagreeing that he is a top player. They can bring him back for cheap if they want, but why if another player steps in and replaces him this season with no issue. Knowing td he offers him a big money deal