Noise Canceling Headphones Are The Best Purchase That I Ever Made...

I just bought some JVC noise canceling headphones that are on sale for about $110. Best purchase that I ever made. Not only do they block out low level noise (like AC on an airplane or the hum from a fridge), but the sound is amazing.

If you want the specifics of what I bought then just PM me. Otherwise, Bose, JVC, or the other name brand big names are great. I absolutely totally recommend these things.

I'm 100% with you on the wonders of noise canceling headphones: been using Bose products for many years. They are indispensable during long domestic and international flights for listening to music, watching a movie on my iPad or muting the annoying person sitting next to me.

The firm I worked for gave us Bose noise canceling headphones for Christmas 2 years ago. I took them back to Best Buy and traded them for a home theater receiver.

1) I just don't fly enough to use them, and headphones are a bad idea with 3 young kids; and

2) I'd rather piss off the neighbors anyway.

I'll get a set one day, but they just didn't make sense for me right now.

The firm I worked for gave us Bose noise canceling headphones for Christmas 2 years ago. I took them back to Best Buy and traded them for a home theater receiver.

1) I just don't fly enough to use them, and headphones are a bad idea with 3 young kids; and

2) I'd rather piss off the neighbors anyway.

I'll get a set one day, but they just didn't make sense for me right now.

I remember that. It's definitely not a purchase that everyone needs to make. There's a reason that I've used regular earbuds for all these years. But the stupid noise around the office has become so obnoxious that I need something more than the earbuds to tune it out so that I can work. These will also come in handy for my combined 24 hour plane ride next year to (literally) the other side of the earth, so I figured the cost was justified (considering that I got them essentially half off).

I'm just amazed at how much better the music sounds with the noise cancellation turned on. I'm hardly an audiophile, but even I can tell the dramatic difference that it makes.

And lower decibel levels are important considering that when I'm listening to music on my phone, it's usually Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, or Marilyn Manson. If not for these headphones, in a couple of years I might be talking like Flight58.

Haha wow...